Help me, MiniMins forum; you're my only hope.

DarkHorse

Edited to say that I am on Extra Easy.

Ok. I have been doing SW for only two weeks and I'm already being driven crazy. Maybe you guys can help me hold on to what's left of my sanity. Instead of making a bunch of threads I'm going to roll a couple questions I have into this one; hopefully that is ok.

1) I hate vegetables and I won't eat 90% of them. I have seen lots of threads on this issue and have seen people giving advice on how to make it easier to eat them, but I want to know: do you guys think that it's ok to just replace most vegetables with fruit? I love fruit and could eat it all day, so I have been having fruit with my meals as my 1/3 superfree. I know this is weird, but I'm ok eating fruit with a meal. From a SW weight loss standpoint is this fine?

2) I hate water. I'm fine with bottled water, but we don't buy it. We just make do with the water from the tap and tapwater tastes and smells miserable, so what I usually do is squeeze an orange into it, but then I found out that any kind of juice has to be syned! I have not gotten a chance to ask my consultant about it, because I use only one orange and I just loosely squeeze it by hand into a 28 ounce bottle of water to hide the taste, so I thought that this would just count as eating an orange...Anyway, are there any suggestions on free things to add to water? It doesn't have to taste amazing or anything. I mean, when I add the juice from an orange the water really doesn't come out tasting like anything, but it covers the well taste.

3) How do you thicken soy sauce for a stir fry if we can't use cornflour? I read on here somewhere that you can use Smash as a substitute for cornflour sometimes. Are Chinese stir fries one of those times?

Thank you so much for reading this! I do read the forum, but I haven't seen these particular questions answered in a way that helped me, so I'm sorry if I am repeating things that have been covered ad nauseum.

Last edited:
For the water just use no added sugar dilute, thats free.

With the soy i dont use as much but have the pan on full and it soon thickens up without anything added.

Oh, thanks! I didn't know that soy sauce would thicken itself as I have never tried it without cornflour. I will look for this no sugar added dilute juice next time I am out of the house.

Most supermarkets sell the no added sugar squash. I was going to buy some, then realised I already had some in my cupboard, a Robinson's one, that I'd bought without even realising it was no added sugar. It's the orange and mango one and it's delish.

You could get a water filter jug.

Lemon and lime juice are not synned.

Tesco does a very nice no added sugar lime squash, and the Robinson's Fruit and Barley peach one is good too.

You can use cornflour - 1 syn per level teaspoon, 3.5 syns per level tablespoon.

I was going to reply but the answers ypou have been given are brill anyway!! and I see most supermarkets sell no added squash more than squash with sugar in theese days? anyone else find that??Also the thing with eating fruit with meals do it if you dont like vegies id do the same!! at leasts its super free :) x

Didn't want to read and run but looks like you've had great advice already! Was just going to say, no added sugar squash, syn the cornflour if you want to use it, there isn't anything you can't have on SW! and so long as its superfree and it fills 1/3 of your plate then its fine!!

Perfect. You guys are brilliant. Thanks! You answered all my questions!

Back