help me please...

SammieAnn87

Gold Member
[/FONT

Please help, this is my 4th week doing SW from home as I cannot afford to go to meetings I have books given to me by friends and family. My first week I lost 3lbs, second week I STS and last week I lost 7lbs I was amazed and so proud of my self..then this weekend its all gone wrong.. We went out saturday to a chinses restuarnt and drinking, sunday was another really bad binge day and then monday was jus as bad and I jus couldn't waiit so I stood on them scales this morning and by the looks of it that 7lbs gone back on I'm so upset!! This is no one elses fault other than my own but I am now finding it hard to get my head back into it when I really really want n need to lose this weight..

I no this thread is prob in the wrong place but I jus need a rant and when there's no one to do it to apart from u guys on here I jus had to write this!!

I go on holiday nine weeks thursday with my partner our son and some friends and I was really hopin this week I wud lose my first sstone and that's defo not going to happen (again my fault)I have a fear that I'm that fat my seat belt won't do up on plane and this makes me wanna lose weight even more but after this shameful weekend I'm disgusted and so upset in my self.. I no I just need to give my head a wobble and get back on my diet NOW.. I no friday when I weigh myself again it ant guna be pretty but I have to see how much I have put on and I suppose go from there! This puts my holiday clothes shoppin back another week :mad:

Sorry for this long rant I jus need well an eye i suppose to off load on!! Sorry for boring u all and I'm sure ill get back on it no problem xx

remember to use your syns wisely, it should stop you from bingeing and going off track you've had some good loses so you know you can do it you just need to stick with it and get back on track every one nearly falls off the wagon at some point but we all jump back on and get to our goals, we are all here to help you so keep posting when you feel like a binge and you need distracting

I have three stone to lose and couldn't do it with out the help on here as this place motivates me x

Stop worrying. I'm sure you have not put on 7lbs. As you say this is not your official weigh in day so the reading is not accurate anyway but a large percentage will just be fluid retention. You literally cannot put on 7lbs of fat in two days - that would be 24,500 excess calories!

One of the most important things about being successful at slimming is being able to pick yourself up after a bad day and just getting right back on plan. So draw a line and carry on business as normal having your full syn allowance. You may not lose this week but I'm willing to bet you won't put on 7lbs!

And for the future, there are lots of things you can have at the chinese while staying on plan. Perhaps do some research in the Eating Out section so you know what the good choices are :)

Calm down hun! it's true you cannot put on 7lb of fat in two days, in fact it takes 10 days for excess cals to make fat according to a nutritionist I heard on the radio. As PP says it would mean thousands of EXCESS calories to put on that much!
Chinese food is seriously high in salt (all that soy sauce), and salt causes water retention. Try drinking some fennel tea to help release some of that fluid. Alcohol does funny things to the bowel too, has it affected you?
Alcohol causes disruptions to REM sleep which you also need to lose weight!
Have a couple of mainly superfree days (veggie soup, casserole/curry/chilli with perhaps BNS or cauliflower rice instead of pots or rice.
Don't starve yourself you'll make it worse. But as the northerners say 'don't throw out the baby with the bathwater' even of you gain, it's not the end of the world (seriously it isn't!).

7lb doesn't sound right to me. Might want to try your scales on another part of the floor. Don't laugh...if i put mine in one place I gain 4lb's put it in another lose 2lb's. You'd have to have done NOTHING but eat junk to gain that much in 2 days, and my nothing else i mean, every second cram another item of food in your mouth. Even in bad WEEKS i've only known people to put on a max of maybe 3lb's

Hiya Ladies,

I never said thank you for all your replies and help when i had a melt down lol!
Youre all right i dint put 7lbs on i put 3lbs on which i wasnt happy about but it was my fault! Since having this binge and getting back on the wagon i have lost that 3lb's again which i am happy about and nearly on my way to my first stone next week hopefully!

SO thank you all again :grouphugg:

Hi Sammie
I also have 9 weigh ins until my first holiday since 2006 .. and im desperate to lose a stone by then :) Im happy to buddy up if you would like to ?
xx

Sammie, your first post made me laugh, you are SO like me!! Its good that you have been able to pull back though and get back on the wagon, I have 11 weeks to my holiday and like you I'm trying to lose as much as I can before buying clothes!!

Hope your finding things a wee bit easier now!

X

Sammie, your first post made me laugh, you are SO like me!! Its good that you have been able to pull back though and get back on the wagon, I have 11 weeks to my holiday and like you I'm trying to lose as much as I can before buying clothes!!

Hope your finding things a wee bit easier now!

X

Lol, when I felt like rubbish writing that I thought no one else will understand and no one falls off the wagon but then u realise sooo many people have bad days/weeks and feel terrible after!!
Yes hun thanks I am finding it easier now, before I was only havin red days and I dnt think that helpped I am now swappin between red and extra easy really... I jus feel I am doing better now...we went to blackpool yesterday and my OH got sausage n chips and got some for my son and I dint get any jus pinched a couple of his and I dint even have an icecream!! I no I could of had n jus syned it but I was looking forward to havin a few glasses of wine last night so past on it!!
I went n got some holiday clothes from primark and I never used t b able to fit into there size 20 dresses but brought 2 as well as a cossy I was sooo happy lol!
I hope ur doin fab on ur diet xxx

Lol, when I felt like rubbish writing that I thought no one else will understand and no one falls off the wagon but then u realise sooo many people have bad days/weeks and feel terrible after!!
Yes hun thanks I am finding it easier now, before I was only havin red days and I dnt think that helpped I am now swappin between red and extra easy really... I jus feel I am doing better now...we went to blackpool yesterday and my OH got sausage n chips and got some for my son and I dint get any jus pinched a couple of his and I dint even have an icecream!! I no I could of had n jus syned it but I was looking forward to havin a few glasses of wine last night so past on it!!
I went n got some holiday clothes from primark and I never used t b able to fit into there size 20 dresses but brought 2 as well as a cossy I was sooo happy lol!
I hope ur doin fab on ur diet xxx

You have to find the plan that works best for YOU!

Use your holiday as the motivation, knowing how chuffed you'll be when you're away, knowing you've given 100% every week.

Saying no to treats, when they're right under your nose, is hard but you'll ALWAYS feel better afterwards. SW isn't about missin gout on things - there's plenty of low syn treats you can enjoy, chocolate et all :)

Back