HELP ME!!!

OddSock

Veggiesaurus
I want to throw something this morning- after a plateau that's lasted since October, I weighed myself and I've GAINED 5lb this week! How is that even possible??? If I'd stuffed my face all week I could maybe understand, but I've been good! I genuinely don't understand why this is happening. I'm about one setback away from completely giving up, so any advice would be really appreciated. I'm desperate! Feel free to browse my food diary and let me know where I'm failing!

Bless you - gains are really hard. Is it possible its your monthly cycle? I'm not very good with advice because i've been RUBBISH these past couple of weeks - all I could maybe suggest is trying some new excercise to give you a boost? Plus drinking lots of water always helps too! And a super-speed soup is always good! Hopefully it was just a blip and you will see a really good loss this week to make up for it. good luck hun xxxx

I'm not due for a couple of weeks so can't blame it on that unfortunately! :) I'm hoping it's just an initial bloating because I've changed to Red days, but we shall see. A new type of exercise is a good idea- I do loads of walking but I might get back into swimming or yoga. I was thinking about making a super speed soup but I'm not keen on the idea of putting beans in it- would it have the same effect if I just made a soup with loads of superfree veg in it? Thanks for the advice! :) xx

Dont panic, i had a week like that and went into utter meltdown and threw a right tantrum lol. Few days later i stood on the wii fit.....that extra weight was gone. No idea how or why. Dont go off track, just keep sticking to plan and im sure next weigh in you will get a pleasant surprise :) xx

Is it possible for you to put a link for your diary?

Also you mention you have just started red days, but before then did you do EE? did you make sure you had 1/3 superfree.

I'd just make sure everything you eat is either free or if it has syns in write down all the syns you have per day/week. Check everything even if you 'are sure' it's free/syn value.

Has your C checked your food diary.

Otherwise I really can't think of anything else it could be. There are many people on here who have lost a lot of weight on SW, it does work, but I can understand your frustration, I'd be pretty annoyed.

do you go to SW class? i mean... you said you weighed yourself. could it not be your scales?

Hi I find this happens to me sometimes, I find sometimes changing my menu helps. I have also found as others say that when you expect to lose because you have been extra specially good that nothing happens but the week after you see a change.

My body always seems to be a week behind what I am doing.

But no matter what just draw a line under it and keep going it will sort itself out if you do that if you give up you will just be back to square one.

Please excuse the capitals, I didn't notice until I had nearly finished typing...

I JUST HAD A QUICK LOOK AT YOUR DIARY AND NOTICED THAT YOU ARE HAVING 3 SLICES OF ww WHOLEMEAL BREAD AS A hexB. oNLY 2 OF THESE ARE A hexB, THE ww BROWN DANISH (NOT MALTED DANISH) ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT ARE 3 FOR A HEXb.
mAYBE YOU COULD CHECK YOUR LISTS AND SYNS AGAIN TO MAKE SURE THERE AREN'T ANY OTHER LITTLE MISTAKES LIKE THIS.

Oh no, I thought they were all 3 slices per HEXB! Thanks for that :) I've switched to Nimble this week thankfully, which if I'm correct is 2 slices per HEXB?

Thanks for the advice guys- I stopped going to group a few months ago for financial reasons so I unfortunately no longer have the benefit of a consultant. I know £5 pw isn't much, but when your weekly disposable income is £10 it is a lot! So I weigh myself now, usually on a Friday, and I've been doing exclusively Green days since about August since I'm veggie. However, I'm attempting some veggie-friendly Red days at the minute to try and mix things up a bit.

I have a link to my food diary on my signature, and also a link to a Flickr photostream I set up for photos of some of my meals, so people can get an idea of my portion sizes and the amount of Superfree food I have per meal. I really appreciate all the feedback, it's also nice to know I'm not alone when it comes to plateaus! Still hoping that this morning's gain is just a random episode of bloating and that it'll be gone by WI. Fingers crossed!

Oh dear Oddsocks.

I am sure it must be water retention and not fat. I know we don't count calories, but you would have to have eaten an additional 17,500 calories this week to gain 5 lbs. Aint enough hours in the day!

Yeah that's what I thought, it's not possible to gain that much weight in a couple of days! I've stuck rigidly to the Red plan today and must have had at least 3.5l water, so hopefully that'll wake my insides up a bit. After I've done some Red days I might switch to EE for a bit, at least then I'd still be consuming a bit less than on Green days. Something has to work!

Yeah that's what I thought, it's not possible to gain that much weight in a couple of days!

Does this mean you are weighing in more than once a week

Naughty naughty!

Seriously your weight can go up and down by up to 7 pounds from one day to another - so def only one WI a week!

Hi!

Im sorry to hear about your gain!- I agree after reading that its probably water retention.
I used to do weight watchers without meetings and i weighed myself all the time!- Not good!
Especially if u do it in the morning and then in the evening youve gained 2lbs!
I would mix ur days up a bit- take up swimming or yoga like you said earlier- take it as a fresh start?
Forget about your plateaus and focus on you now! :)
Can i also ask what superspeed soup is?!?!

Hope this helps!

Ruth
x

Hi oddsock

Had a quick look at your food diary
Not sure if you counting your syns properly
Had a look on sw website only Alpro natural yogurt I could find is 7.5 syns for 500g pot also ryvitas are either 1.5 or 2 syns each

All the best and keep at it xx

Hmmm... I saw on the syn-free yogurts thread on here that 100g of Alpro plain yogurt is free? I hope it is anyway! My book says that Ryvita are 1 syn each, but the Ryvita values do confuse me since they're listed twice in there, one listing says 3 of them are a HEXB and the other says 4. Do anyone else's books say that? Veggie red days haven't been too bad so far, I don't think I could do more than three in a row but I've basically been substituting meat for Quorn and eating eggs. I've found that I'm slightly hungrier than on Green, but I'm managing it by having five small meals, rather than three big ones (see today's diary for an example). I've saved a HEXB so I can have toast for supper, and I split my other HEXB so I could have two Ryvita with FF cottage cheese mid-morning. It's been a pretty good strategy so far!

I know, it's really bad of me to WI more than once a week, I don't normally do it but I was curious after last week's disastrous STS. Never again though!

OddSock said:
Hmmm... I saw on the syn-free yogurts thread on here that 100g of Alpro plain yogurt is free? I hope it is anyway! My book says that Ryvita are 1 syn each, but the Ryvita values do confuse me since they're listed twice in there, one listing says 3 of them are a HEXB and the other says 4.

Have just run the yogurt through the calculator for you to double check it's working out at 1.5 syns per 100g with yogurt in as free food element

In my book (latest one)
Ryvitas - dark rye/original/sesame are 1.5 all others are 2
The listing in the book for 3 or 4 are for different types of ryvitas - there is also listed 2 as a speed food

Hope this helps good luck xx

I know, it's really bad of me to WI more than once a week, I don't normally do it but I was curious after last week's disastrous STS. Never again though!

I know I have only been on plan a few weeks but I made the above mistake and it very nearly made me throw my hands up and 'pig out' - wondering what the point was.

My scales weigh me exactly the same as my group one's do (bar 1/2lb). Last week I stupidly jumped on my scales four days after WI and I'd gained 4 lbs :eek: - it really deflated me, yet three days later when I did weigh in I'd lost 5 1/2 in the week, making me 9 1/2lbs lighter than I was three days previously...I'm not doing that again!

Thank you for all the advice these past few days guys, it's meant a lot while I've been so upset about all the STSs and the gain on Monday. The Red days have really helped me to get back on track- I've actually had all my HEXs for a change and I haven't gone over my syns. I just hope things get back to normal and I start losing again soon so that all this is worth it!

I had to weigh myself this morning instead of tomorrow (my usual WI day) as I'm going away tonight, and it looks like the 5lb gain is here to stay, which is quite upsetting. I'm hoping to get rid of it in Amsterdam, I'll be walking around all day and I've planned to visit some healthy veggie places for veggie soups, stews etc. Wish me luck! :)

Back