Help me

peachy1982

Silver Member
I am struggling to get back into this again
I done well last week then at the weekend we were away so I just ate lots of protein and took some shakes with me. Am back on the ss today but I am really struggling to stay focused on it.
My work is really stressful at this time of year and I often do 12 hour days getting home about 8-9pm at night.
The thought of rewarding myself with a nice meal and then a long soak in the bath used to get me through my stess but a shake just doesn't give me that same feeling.
Sorry to be a moaning minny but I just need some words of encouragement from all you folks out there.
I know the diet works but sometimes its a struggle to keep going
peachy
xx

The thought of rewarding myself with a nice meal and then a long soak in the bath used to get me through my stess but a shake just doesn't give me that same feeling.

xx

If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got ;)

Time to change the habit...so, work is hard at the moment and you want to reward yourself when you get in...you need to think of other ways to do this. You could treat yourself to a new magazine or book, a manicure, some luxury bath stuff, a hair treatment - book in and get yourself a massage or a facial. Buy yourself a new cd, go to the cinema or just a walk in the park.

There are plenty of other ways to treat ourselves than with food - in fact really we're not treating ourselves by eating a big slap up fat laden meal are we, we're not doing ourselves any favours at all.

It is hard, but nothing worth doing is easy. Hang in there, grin and bear it. It's tough I know but it'll be soo sooooo worth while when you get there and you'll get there far far quicker by sticking to the diet :)

Thanks kath,
I thought everyone was ignoring me. boo hoo
anyway thanks for that. I have had a shake and some water and decided on my way home to grab some nice face masks and things from the supermarket.
peachy
x

I agree with Kath. Last weekend i went to Boots and bought bath products, face masks, a new razor with nice smelling foam. When i got in i soaked for an hour, used my new products and felt wonderful afterwards!
It really is worth giving it a go, you will be very satisfied. Also what i did that helped (you'll think im a nutta now!) I put sparkling water into my posh wine glass with the powder flavouring, i cut up my CD bar and put in the freezer. So while i was pampering i had a 'orange fizz' and chocolates! I felt on top of the world.
Try it Peachy. You've done so well so far, keep it up.

Treat your outside, not your insides!

Thanks kath,
I thought everyone was ignoring me. boo hoo
anyway thanks for that. I have had a shake and some water and decided on my way home to grab some nice face masks and things from the supermarket.
peachy
x

Yay, that's it well done :D

I agree with Kath. Last weekend i went to Boots and bought bath products, face masks, a new razor with nice smelling foam. When i got in i soaked for an hour, used my new products and felt wonderful afterwards!
It really is worth giving it a go, you will be very satisfied. Also what i did that helped (you'll think im a nutta now!) I put sparkling water into my posh wine glass with the powder flavouring, i cut up my CD bar and put in the freezer. So while i was pampering i had a 'orange fizz' and chocolates! I felt on top of the world.
Try it Peachy. You've done so well so far, keep it up.

Treat your outside, not your insides!

Lol, I love it! Sparkling water and a cd chocolate bar - that's a fantastic idea!

When i first started CD i used to note down when i felt like i wanted food whether i was hungry or not and alot of the time it was as a reward for something like doing well in an exam or for revising hard that day. So i had to change this way of thinking and what i did was i started to do a few things Kath mentioned above, like buy a new magazine, get a new book, have a nice long bubble bath with candles and music. If i didnt have the money to treat myself, i would just do something simple like get my sisters to doll me up for no occasion, lol.

It is hard because we are set in our ways with some things and it can be difficult to change, but if we do it continuously it will become an unconcious thing. Food is also great for making us feel better for a moment but usually when you've finished eating you feel awful, well i did especially when eating unhealthy take aways etc.

I hope you are able to get back in the swing of things. Look at some old photos of yourself before you lost weight or try on some old clothes and you will see how far you have come and you will be motivated and determined to succeed.

Best of luck :) xx

I have decided to wise up and crack this diet once and for all.
I am going to make sure I space out my meals properly for a change and I am sticking to this now- what is the point in paying the money and missing out on food if i am only going to do it half-heartedly. It will only mean that I need to be on this diet for even longer, won't it?????
peachy
x

I have decided to wise up and crack this diet once and for all.
I am going to make sure I space out my meals properly for a change and I am sticking to this now- what is the point in paying the money and missing out on food if i am only going to do it half-heartedly. It will only mean that I need to be on this diet for even longer, won't it?????
peachy
x

well put!

you can do it! (and so can I! :))

Last edited:
Back