Help me!

I am an obsessed with food and I can't bare it anymore!

Long story short. I was SW member lost 5 stone kept it off for 5 years until I had my 3rd baby 7 months ago. I gained it all back, fine. But now I am really struggling to get it off. I rejoined SW but need to get away from this free foods business because it's not helping me deal over eating.

I joined WW and love the flexibility and I have conquered by portion control issue but its just the thought of food....

I think about constantly. I know this will make e sound like a lunatic but the only way I can describe it, is like there is a voice in my head telling me to eat. Then there is me, trying to fight it all day long. If I do give in and binge, its like I am watching this" other person" tucking in to the junk and I just can't stop!

I refuse to believe that I have to live the rest of my life like this. I don't want my children inheriting my obsession.

I need to break this habbit and have no idea how to do it.

I know exactly how you feel. I've lost 10lbs with ww and did sw for years and lost none. I have been overweight for most of my life and feel it's a daily battle with feeling like this. I'm afraid I think
If you have an eating/food addiction then it's always there, the key is managing it.
My advice.... Take it in very small chunks, one day at a time. Plan your meals, write it down. You have to do something 21 times before it becomes a habit, so to stop a habit, stop doing it 21 times and it's not a habit anymore. And most importantly don't set yourself up to fail
Hope that helps
Abby xx

Good advice above. Also, with a 7mth old baby, I dare say it can be a bit stressful, no matter how much of a little darling they may be! In times of stress, we tend to revert to whatever coping mechanisms we have previously used, be it smoking, drinking, or overeating. It's just learned behaviour, a neural reward pathetic established in the brain by previous experience, so don't beat youself up over it. Like the last poster said, it takes 3wks to form or change a habit. Also with a young baby, you would be taking on a lot with following a weight loss regime, not telling you not to do it if course, just, you know, give yourself a break, you can focus on eating healthy foods and smaller portions and some exercise like walking with baby. Of course, it's totally up to you, but you're not obsessed, its just a reaction, and see if you can get an hour to yourself a day just for some 'me' time :>)

I have just about conquered 3 obsessions...food...smoking and nail biting....have been addicted to all 3 since very young....The weight is coming off and I no longer have an issue with food...I eat healthily sensibly and always leave myself room for a treat...Been a non smoker now for 16weeks and no longer crave nicotine...and have finally stopped biting my nails and now treat myself every couple months to a manicure...Good luck with your journey hun...It can be hard at times but you will get there...Positive attitude and small goals help heaps....xxx

I have just about conquered 3 obsessions...food...smoking and nail biting....have been addicted to all 3 since very young....The weight is coming off and I no longer have an issue with food...I eat healthily sensibly and always leave myself room for a treat...Been a non smoker now for 16weeks and no longer crave nicotine...and have finally stopped biting my nails and now treat myself every couple months to a manicure...Good luck with your journey hun...It can be hard at times but you will get there...Positive attitude and small goals help heaps....xxx

Thank you all,

Fat?Me?

Congratulations on getting over your obessions/addictions! It must have taken everything you had. Can you share any tips that helped you succeed? X

Took all the willpower that I could muster...Mint imperials helped though with the stopping smoking and the weight loss...xx

Back