Help me!!!

sheepy19

Hi guys, long time no see. Been off plan for about 3 months and gained it all back on!
I've started going to Rosemary Conley classes, mainly for the exercise. Ive tried the RC diet and in my first week lost 7lbs, but its so restrictive Ive gained it back :(

So, the plan is to do the exercise classes but follow sw.

BUT I just can't keep motivated, I have one good day and binge the next. I've got six stone to lose by the end of the year because I have to buy my wedding dress!

Help get me going ladies!

Hey. I know exactly how you feel. I find it awful to keep motivated.
Two weeks ago, I started doing weekly syns instead of daily and that seems to really help. It means that I don't get the 'well I was awful yesterday what's the point today' thing coz I keep thinking of the whole week.
Good luck with it.

Good luck hun, am sure you can do it, just think of your dress and how good it will look! :D xxx

Instead of thinking you've blown it all & giving in. Why don't you look at each day as a new day & forget about yesterday & don't worry too much about tomorrow.

I always do my syns weekly, that way I can have wine & chocs on a Saturday night without going over my syns.

Have a search and see if you can find a SW version of your favourite food.

Or let us know what happens to make you feel like you've failed.

I think it would be helpful for you to work out what's triggering your binge days, if you can. On the days you're on plan, for example, are you trying to claw back a loss, and therefore eating too little? I find that that can be very triggering for me - if I'm hungry, my willpower is much weaker! I would suggest sitting down and planning all your meals for the next week (or few days - whatever works for you), then going shopping as soon as you can. That way you'll be organised, feel more in control, and will hopefully beat the binges. Plan your favourite SW food, as well - there's lots of SW meals that I cook that feel like naughty treats but are totally on plan!

Try not to be too hard on yourself - losing weight and keeping it off is difficult, and the most important thing is that if you fall off the wagon you just pick yourself up, draw a line, and get back on plan as normal (rather than extending the binge or cutting right back on food).

I have faith that you can do it! :)

Thank you ladies :)

I'm easily triggered :( I suffer from Bipolar, so when I feel bad I binge :( But then I also binge if I'm celebrating. Like in the last month I lost my job, so I comfort ate, now Ive got a new job so have eaten to celebrate! Im very much an emotional eater. I don't generally feel that hungry. I also eat out of pure boredom and habit. SO you can see there's a lot behind my over eating! I'm really goin to try, I don't want to be a fat bride, I'll never get that day back.
I think I'll spend more time on here so I have the support :)

How about instead of eating when you are down/up, finding another thing that makes you happy, go to the cinema or bowling, buy yourself some jewelry or clothes? You would have spent the money anyway buying the food so why not use it on something that is good for your emotional and physical health?

Good luck!!

HI Sheepy,

Have you tried excercising when you feel down? After a samll amount of excercise your body releases endorphines which make you feel really good. So if your having a bad day go for a jaunt round the block before you open the cupboard and by the time you get back those endorphines will have kicked in and will make you feel better?

Just a thought, it usually makes me feel better so thought I would recommend it.

Keep on at it :)

How about putting a picture of a gorgeous wedding dress on and in your cupboard, then when you are going to snack on something you will see this and think how beautiful you will look!

One other thing that motivates me is thinking of what people will say when I lose weight!

xx

I was up and down all last year but it's my 30th in sept so I calculated how much I need to lose in lbs and divided it by how many weeks til my bday and that gave me an avg figure that I need to lose each week. This has really focussed me-it's stopped me looking at the big amount I had to lose and I've lost 20lbs since new year :) my target is still 5 stone away but I'm just gonna keep chipping away at it week by week xx

Back