Help me!

Hi, i am 22 (23 on thursday) I got married in September 2007 and weighed 13 stone, not even 2 years on and i have put on 3 stone. In that time i have been diagnosed with M.E and fibromyalgia and got somewhat depressed. I have an awful relationship with food in regards to i can't stop eating and binging on it and am at the end of my teather! Help me please! x

Hi and welcome. Sorry to hear about your health problems. Is your doctor going to help you with the weight? If not what are you considering? There's plenty of diets mentioned in this site

Irene xx

Thanks for the welcome. I have tried many diets and like most they work if you stick to them. I have spoken to my doctor and he gave me pills that stop you absorbing all the fat content of what you eat. I havn't really tried them properly, but need too. I think the problem i have is i don't necessarily eat when i'm hungry but because i want to, also i have really bad stomach acid (i think thats what the doctor said) so i constantly have what i would describe as hunger pains even when i have just eating or sometimes when i am actually in the middle of something which makes me scoff even more. Before putting on all the weight and before the health issues i was on rosemary conley but recently have tried Slimming world, but seem to easily slip into old ways and don't need to be asked twice to cheat especially at work when they are bringing out the cakes! lol. x

Have you considered a food absitence diet like Lighter Life? Or is it medically incompatible with you? It seems like you have a dependency which needs to be broken down and thought about properly. :) But you need to be ready for such a thing, no one can tell you to do it!
I found the food abstinence plan helped me see food more clearly and why I used to overeat due to emotional responses. I have accepted that I have an eternal hunger that can't be satisfied but I have learned not to listen to it as much as I used to.
I love Lighter Life... it gave me counselling and the tools to help re-organise my life for the better... Maybe you can look into this, or Cambridge since it's a little cheaper - however it doesn't have group sessions (which I found very encouraging).

Have a look around at the other diets available, but I do suggest sticking to one for a few months. Results don't come within a week, or even within a month. If something is worth getting - it will take time and patience. ... Taken me a whole year to get to where I am now.

wow, what a sad story. I think you should see your Dr. Welcome to minimins and I hope this board can help you.

Back