Help, need a poo, have tried several things!

angie-bum

Gold Member
I don't feel unwell but I haven't had a number 2 for over 72 hours....however, I did have about a pint of water come out of my bottom 4 days ago....( I was lucky that I didn't trust a fart!!)

I have tried strong coffee and the CD fibre stuff and have had 2 dulolease since this afternoon

when should I be worried?

I'm struggling a bit too. Day five on CD SS+, and nothing in that whole time. Not feeling too bad despite that, mind you. I've been taking two capsules of psyllium husk for the past two days, and I took a senna this morning and another one this evening. If nothing by tomorrow I'm going to up the senna, I think.

LOL - NEVER trust a fart on a VLCD :D:eek:

It may be time to bring out the big guns

DULCOLAX

xxx

mmmmm, know the feeling!

I will have another ducolease before bed, the packet says you can have 5 a day

if no difference by the morning, I will seek out the ducolax...is it like dynamite?

Many thanks!

I will get some dynamite tomorrow morning!

Well, I personally make sure I'm in a loo friendly environment where I can get quickly and with lots of privacy ;) But then I have a very shy yet active bowel

xx

Mine's been working fine on the diet, a bit less often but that's expected, and runnier than normal. Very very yuck. I end up taking an extra shower because it makes me feel so yuck.

Dulcolax are worse than dynamite! More nuclear bomb like. lol
I had one on friday after no bm for 6 days..... Needless to say, my eyes were watering when said poo decided to make an appearance!!

Good luck. x

Blimey!

I am not sure I want dulcolax now!
Do you always need to put them up your bum? I am sure the packet I read in Tescos earlier didnt mention that fact!

does any one know if the usual supermarkets sell psyllum husks and where would I get movical?

:giggle::sick0019: been there!!! LOL

xx

I will have another ducolease before bed, the packet says you can have 5 a day

if no difference by the morning, I will seek out the ducolax...is it like dynamite?

In the first two weeks I needed to use ducolax and it does work.

After that I take a spoonful of fibre clear or fibre 89 a day and that keeps it all running smoothly.

It can take ducolax between six and 24 hours to work. Don't be tempted to take more than two...

I am not sure I want dulcolax now!
Do you always need to put them up your bum? I am sure the packet I read in Tescos earlier didnt mention that fact!

does any one know if the usual supermarkets sell psyllum husks and where would I get movical?

:eek: You don't put them up your bum, not the ones I have you take them orally with water...

God, thankyou Mini

I just read a thread that says that you lube them and push them up your bottom

I do NOT want to have to be doing that kind of thing!!:eek:

OMG :eek: No, they're just tiny little tablets

xx

I took Dulcolax but only when I really felt the need to do so. When you're on a VLCD you're not taking in the bulk so don't expect to "go" as much as you do with traditional foods. Only when you feel as though you can't "go" should you resort to taking anything.
Dulcolax is very very strong if you take two so don't venture very far if you do as I found to my cost.

Yes, if you take more than one in a 24 hour period you'll know about it. You'll get some stomach cramps & they make you sweat, so be careful how many you take....

The ones you put up your bum are bullet supositories (sp)?
They don't really work imo, because when you put them up your bum your sphincter gets the action that it wants to "go" so starts contracting.... It's a bigger effort to hold the bloody bullet in. lol

What a pleasant conversation to be having at 11pm. lmao x

Back