Help!!!!!!!! need advice

Flabbyfay

Silver Member
Ok i'm on a low cal and low fat diet at the mo (untill i get to see my doc on wednesday) i should be having about 1,400 cals a day. yesterday i had just over a 1000 and today i've had 3 small meals and two snack and still have only managed 850 cals and i'm not hungry!!!!!! should i force myself to eat more? I really don't want to be doing myself more harm than good.

Ok i'm on a low cal and low fat diet at the mo (untill i get to see my doc on wednesday) i should be having about 1,400 cals a day. yesterday i had just over a 1000 and today i've had 3 small meals and two snack and still have only managed 850 cals and i'm not hungry!!!!!! should i force myself to eat more? I really don't want to be doing myself more harm than good.

...in a word - YES !!

if you eat too little, your body will go into starvation mode and will hold on to every bit of extra fat it has...cos it doesn't know when it's gonna get fed again !

where did you get the figure of 1400 from ?? is that what you need for your BMR (basal metaboloc rate)......if it is then you need to eat that much to just sustain your body and you really should be eating that amount of calories....

have a look at Weight Loss Resources

you can get a 3day free trial on there.....

hope that helps

Debz xx

...in a word - YES !!

if you eat too little, your body will go into starvation mode and will hold on to every bit of extra fat it has...cos it doesn't know when it's gonna get fed again !

where did you get the figure of 1400 from ?? is that what you need for your BMR (basal metaboloc rate)......if it is then you need to eat that much to just sustain your body and you really should be eating that amount of calories....

have a look at Weight Loss Resources

you can get a 3day free trial on there.....

hope that helps

Debz xx

I've just done my BMR again and this one has come up with 1,600 cals a day :confused: ( glad i'm off to see my gp on wednesday ) Either way i've got a good 500 cals to get down my neck so i'm off to the kitchen:) Thanks for the advice. :thankyou:

I've just done my BMR again and this one has come up with 1,600 cals a day :confused: ( glad i'm off to see my gp on wednesday ) Either way i've got a good 500 cals to get down my neck so i'm off to the kitchen:) Thanks for the advice. :thankyou:

Good on ya Missus !!! you MUST eat to lose weight...it's a mistake a lot of people make :rolleyes:

check out that link I sent you....it's a great site costs £9 per month if you sign up BUT you get 3 free days with no commitment....

good luck and don't foget to keep us posted.....also - try to do lots of walking or swimming or something, anythng !!! - your body was made to MOVE - so get going !!

love

Debz xx

Good on ya Missus !!! you MUST eat to lose weight...it's a mistake a lot of people make :rolleyes:

check out that link I sent you....it's a great site costs £9 per month if you sign up BUT you get 3 free days with no commitment....

good luck and don't foget to keep us posted.....also - try to do lots of walking or swimming or something, anythng !!! - your body was made to MOVE - so get going !!

love

Debz xx

Thanks i'm looking at the link as we speak :) i've been doing loads of walking and loving it :party0019: I'll start swimming once i've lost a few stone :)

Thanks i'm looking at the link as we speak :) i've been doing loads of walking and loving it :party0019: I'll start swimming once i've lost a few stone :)

BRILL !! will be keepin an eye on ya !! ;)

walking is fab :) and you should go swimming now - you will be amazed at all the different shapes and sizes there....and no one seems interested in anyone else...all too busy preening themselves !!!

good luck...keep me posted !

Debz xx

Very true :) The kids go back to school this week so i'll be brave and go for a swim.

that's the spirit...it's just a quick dash til you're in the pool....and all anyone will see then is your beautiful face !!!

GO FOR IT !!

love

Debz xx

I say yes to eat a bit more, otherwise your body will think you are starving it and cling on to every morsel you consume and that will make the scale stall.

Back