Help - Need encouragement !!

babymable

Ok so I went off the pills for 3 weeks due to my wedding and a few other reasons but I want to get back on track. I've been back on the pills for a week and I haven't lost anything. Although I know from experience it usually takes a week for the pills to start working I'm getting upset that I was so stupid to get off the pills in the first place.
I have been really depressed lately because of my weight, I try on my clothes and I just feel so fat, to the point where I don't go out. I have a ''safe outfit'' that I feel comfortable in and even when I put that on now I just feel too big. My husband is the greatest person in the world and is trying to help me and support me and he is putting up with so much from me right now. I want to change for him and myself.
Does anyone ever notice that when 1 thing starts to bug you, you let everything get you down, that's where I am at right now. I just need some words of encouragement from you guys to kick my a** in gear.

Hiya Mable

Good to see you back firstly....

Secondly, now things are settled after the wedding you will naturally feel a little like "so what now", its hard to get back on track, especially now the only thing you have to think about is losing weight now you are not so excited/distracted.

Try to focus on why you want to lose the weight and what you want to be like in the future, once the first pound goes you will be fine again I promise, just be a little patient!

I suppose you could argue that now the wedding is "out of the way" (meant in the nicest possible way) you can get on with the changes that will make the path to your future life with your new hubby!

One step at a time honey... slowly slowly catchy monkey.

I hope that helps, even if a little!

Julie x

Hey hun!!

i was wondering where you had been! Ive been off my diet cos i have been on holiday and was really worrying if id be able to get back on it! ive had a cooked breakfast every morning, burger kings, chips, cider, crisps, pot noodles, pastys, puddings, sweets..... the list goes on!

Ive been really lucky tho cos ive had a gp referal for cheaper exercise. And i arrange my induction for the day after i got back which was today and i have been on the machines and i worked soooo hard. It tells youhow many calories you have burnt! well i burnt about 370 kals an its really made me think wow! i went on the tread mill and almost killed myself an only burnt off a pack of walkers french fries! Its really opened my eyes to how much you have to work to burn food off!

If you find the gym a bit daunting you could try going for walks or even get a skiping rope and do it on the back garden outta the way of every thing! Being in the fresh (if you can call sheffield air fresh hehe) air lifts my mood!

Ive got a safe outfit too! Im thinking about binning it now tho cos if its not there i cant wear it can i! I do know where your coming from with the despresion and how if some thing happens every thing else goes outta the window! Food has been my comforter for so long when bad thanks happen i dont feel secure with out my food. I just need to find something else to fill the gap! I dunno if u feel the same!

Its a tough journey that we are on and i know you can do it! Keep your chin up mrs newly wed xxx

love katie

ps i looked through the before and after pics on here when i was down really lifted my spirits. You could try watching this before and after video clip too YouTube - 500 Before and After Weight Loss Pictures!

Thanks guys,

I guess I'm just so stressed that it's bringing me down. Yes this wedding is over with but I now have a 2nd one to plan for June of next year for my family back home in Canada, as well as the plane fares. At the moment it's only my husband working because of immigration issues, I apply for a new Visa at the end of the month to be able to stay here as his wife, if that goes through I can finally start working again after having the last year off (not my choice). So I am stressing about that as well, they can deny me which means I get sent back to Canada and have to live in a different country then my husband, I pray that won't happen as they don't have a reason to deny me but can just because.
I know the not working part has probably made my weight worse as I don't do anything but I am hoping once the Visa is all straightened out that I can loose a bit more quickly. I am not sure why I am so down right now as I know the pills work as I have lost alot already, I just want them to work faster lol.
Anywhoo thanks for helping me out, I don't know what I would do without this support forum.

Congrats on the wedding and good vibes for the immigration business. I know how stressful that can be as my partner is waiting to leave to stay in the country too and it can get you down if you are not careful.

As you said this site is so helpful and supportive I'm sure you will get back on track, am floundering myself but keep on plodding on. Just take it day by day.

Vanda

hey chicky!!

firstly im looking round threw my old clothes because i have some in the size you told me in facebook , most i only wore a few times because i have been loosing weight very quickly so ill let you know on fb what i have via pics =] and you can tell me what you want (free of course)... i will also show you a few sites i know.

secondly , glad your back.. you got your new hubby and you need the new posistive attitude for the new start.. bin the past bin the negativity..and as hard as it seems , draw a line and start again from here... keep taking the tablets again and dont worry bout starting again.. you can and will get there..

chin up xxx

Aww thanks Pink, It's so hard to find decent clothes I like. If only I were rich and had a personal fashion designer lol
Thanks for the words of encouragement, that's exactly why I started this thread, I knew it was what I needed.
I weighed myself today and since last Monday I lost 3 lbs, so that's better then nothing.
Yayy

Back