HELP need exercise advice

lucinda88

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can suggest the best things to do if u are trying to lose weight but have bad knees and ankles also if u have a lot of weight to lose but don't want to end up with excess skin what's the best thing to do? x

Hi love, Am no expert but all I know is ANYTHING is better than nothing, cut portions, slowly does the weightloss regarding loose skin, plus the slower is comes off the more likely it will stay off so they say, good luck hun :) x

Hi, i have in total 8 and a half stone to lose so far ive lost 4 stone 9.5lbs and havent done ANY exercise as i have no real motivation with the whole exercise regime but i have been contemplating it more the past few weeks and begun a little but it is possible to lose it just by healthy eating which is wot ive done and so far im not avin an issue with skin (think ive been lucky so far but maybe cos im young elasticity maybe with me there but unsure!) maybe do a few gentle exercises that arent going to trigger ur sore points or lose a bit via healthy eating first and see if this makes a difference wen u attempt to exercise?? i went for a jog last week the 1st time since i started the diet n i ran further than i have ever been able to in my life! not far but enough for me to say the weight ive lost so far has had a big impact on my health and fitness :) good luck :) xxx

i'd say swimming as they're gentle on your bad parts and the water would support you.

I think if you lose the weight steadily loose skin shouldnt be too much of a problem. Low impact sports are best if you are trying to avoid injuries or have any at the moment that you dont want to make worse, like cycling or swimming.

i have a lot of weight to lose as well and at the moment I am trying to include lots of different ways to exercise, I started the couch to 5k, have an exercise bike at home and have free weights so I try to fit in some weight training for my arms and some workouts to build muscle on my abs. I'm not an expert but I think having some muscle -not bulky!! - will help with the loose skin issue!

Good luck lucinda! x

Thanxs for all the advice and support- I miss swimming might give that a go! What diet plans is everyone on? I think I am going to do SW x

Im just counting the calories and trying to keep to under 1500, that way nothing is forbidden and I wouldnt be discouraged by eating forbidden foods!

i'm doing the cambridge diet. on a maintenance plan now. working up the plans and trying to STS.

i really don't think that you plan is important. loosing weight is and keeping it off. that's where every diet in the world fails - the keeping it off part. it's a new way of life and we can't return to our old ways as that is what made us fat!

i'm doing the cambridge diet. on a maintenance plan now. working up the plans and trying to STS.

i really don't think that you plan is important. loosing weight is and keeping it off. that's where every diet in the world fails - the keeping it off part. it's a new way of life and we can't return to our old ways as that is what made us fat!

You just summed it up perfectly there! Certain diets might be great for fast weight loss but its more important about making lifestyle changes. I have to admit when I started to exercise and make an effort to eat healthily I never thought I would have the right frame of mind to consider exercise and healthy food a permanent change but now only a month in I feel great about it.

Nothing is off limits, but if I want to have a chinese I know I will be working my ass off the next day to burn it all off!

oh and congratulations great things for the running you do! im on week two of the couch to 5k plan at the moment, did you ever experience knee pain when you started out? Im not going to let it stop me just wondered if you had any tips for speedy recovery!

Back