Help needed for 1st day......

i write everything down -what i've had or having and mostly just plan in my head what's for dinner or whatever for the next day so i can plan it round what's on, take things out the freezer etc.
do you mix your days all the time? i've been doing one day green, one EE but def think the dinners are easier on EE although i suppose it makes no difference if i was counting meat as my other HE on green cos i don't really eat a lot anyway.
saying that, if i had different sausages, i could have them as part of a cooked breakfast and do an EE day x

My food book comes everywhere with me and i scribble all sorts in it lol :)

I do tend to try and mix my days up I possible as I find it helps with losses and I like the variety. I prefer an extra hexb as well as I mostly use my hexb for breakfast.

Since I restarted I have done 3 green days, 4 red days and 9 extra easy. I find red days my favourite but EE better for flexibility in evening mesls

Yum yum, thanks for the recipe :) had a bit of difficulty rolling them into balls, could be coz i only had a scraping of nuttells left in a jar, but but to be honest I don't really care what shape they are .... They tasted amazing and what a great way to use up a spare a HEX. Off to buy more Nutella later X

Red day for me today - just tried the magic porridge for breakfast and have to admit I wasn't overkeen.....but I am sure with a different flavour I will like it more (I did the cherry yoghurt).

I'm going out all day tomorrow wedding dress shopping with my friend and know its going to end up with lunch somewhere. So my plan is to eat a big breakfast and take some fruit and cereal bars with me. that way if we go somewhere I cant eat much i will at least have a snack but I am hoping that wherever we go sells jacket potatoes. So breakfast will either be magic porridge again or SW fry up with bacon, egg mushrooms and tomatos. I am trying not to use my syns in the day time as I am also out for a friends bday dinner tomorrow night! I am having stuffed peppers (syn for oil - 2?) and a pork dish with mash (3 syns for butter that they will no doubt put in), mushrooms, pancetta and rosemary sauce that I am going to ask for on the side. Need to work out if any of this can be hex's and work out what day to have - EE is prob easiest!

It will be really tough because there will be drink involved and I will struggle to restain myself. Hopefully 10 syns will be enough but I am going to allow myself a few extra flexisyns in case I go over. Just need to work out how many to allow myself so that I still have a target to stick to - not go crazy!

aww i'm sure you'll do great and if you do have a few too many then maybe a hangover will result in being too yucky to consume much the next day?? lol
the magic porridge def has a funny texture but to be honest, i can stomach that more than when its made properly - sometimes i'm ok with it, other times not but like you said, you might like it with another flavour?
i need to get trying the pancakes cos loads of folk like them but seeing as i keep losing my bloody tastebuds, i'm not trying them til i can savour (or dislike!) them

i'm on green today i think (well, only had fruit and yog so far so i suppose i can decide later) and not sure whats for dinner later - maybe the smash pizza?

hope you enjoy your weekend, sounds like your def in control so just make the most of it and have fun :D x

I seem to struggle more with green days as my bf isn't keen on veggie meals and I can't be bothered to cook his separate. Maybe I could grill him a bit of chicken to go with whatever I make or something. He also hates tomatoes which I love so that prevents me doing some SW recipes.
Will give it some thought over the weekend and have a recipe hunt I think.

Magic pancakes intrigue me but surely they will stick to the pan?!

i think you add an egg into the porridge mixture too so i imagine it might be ok with fry light?

i feel i'm more hungry thru the day on EE but love the dinners and on green it would be easy to get fed up with the same things all the time....just trial and error i think?
need to get investigating some more recipes for snacky bite size things to go along with or replace the dahl muffins/quiches - not fed up with them yet but there must be a lot more things to try?x

I found a good recipe for vegetable pakora somewhere ages ago that was nice. Try googling it and you might find one. I also make SW quiches and keep them in the fridge. (SW colourful quiche - it's on the website)

My magic porridge didn't fill me up at all - been hungry all morning!! *rumble rumle*

i was like that the other day - i had a boiled egg and a banana before i left for work thinking oh that'll last me a while and i can have my porridge later (which will mean i'll be fuller later in the day) then when i got to work i was already hungry for the magic porridge! (we're only talking a half hr gap in time! lol) and an hr and a half after that i was having a rummage thru my bag to see what i'd brought in! i only really eat when i'm genuinely hungry (never used to!) but still felt a bit bad. good thing about being at work is i drink about 2L of water so its all good...apart from being up every night for a pee! grrr to broken sleep but yay to health and weight loss lol
yeah, i'll have a look for the pakora and i've seen onion bhaji's too so will get noseying :) x

Well I didn't bring as much as usual today for some reason so I was stuck and have ended up using syns that I wanted to save for a glass of wine lol. Never mind - I can have that tomorrow instead!

There is a great courgette flan type recipe in the new magazine that I am going to try over the weekend. Might take it for lunches if it turns out nice for a bit of a change.

I am terrible at drinking enough water - I start with good intentions but always forget after and hour lol. How do you do it?!

aww its a nightmare when you don't take too much...and then are hungry!
re the water - i start the day with a big glass of diluting (before i have anything to eat) and when i get into work, i have a litre beside me which i usually finish, or almost finish within the 1st hr/half of my shift. i then refill it and usually drink at least half so between those and the drink at home, my 2L is pretty much done then i have juice mid morning/can with lunch and more squash with dinner.
i struggle the days i'm off work cos i dont sit with the water at home the way i do at work so its only really squash or fizzy juice which i have at lunch but always aim to use the full 1.5L of water (bottle) that i have in the fridge. hard sometimes tho

well last night i went to Aldi to get cans of juice they had on offer, i ended up picking up lots of veg and a few things which were a good price (i never really go there) and it included 3 of their fake mullerlight type yogs. went to sit down there to fruit salad and yog and thought i'd check the syns calc to make sure they were free. so glad i did...cos they're not!
the vanilla and mango one i bought have 1.5 and the toffee one has 3.5!!!! so i'll not be having them!
and thankfully i only had 9 syns yest so i'm covered for the 3.5 that i needed cos i had a toffee one yest! (my friend gave me one last week from there - hence the reason i got a couple myself!)
just shows you eh!
i checked the activia snackpots (o%) and thank god they're free cos they're def my fav now i think :)
hope your day goes well today...and have fun at your night out...if you can't be good be careful ;) lol x

Yoghurts can be really deceptive sometimes cant they - I always check online before I buy anything that differs from activia snackpots or muller lights as I just know I will buy the wrong thing. How annoying that the toffee ones are so many syns (especially when muller do one that is free!!) Shocking!

My weekend was really fun - I am pleased with myself for managing to swerve some of the naughty things I was offered (and at times pressured into) but I did drink too much wine lol. During the day I was wedding dress shopping with a few friends and we had a coffee break in starbucks. I opted for a small skinny cappuccino (hexa) and a fat free natural yoghurt with granola and honey (a few syns for the honey). But I got pressured big time into buying something sweet as they were all having muffins - so I bought a chocolate caramel shortbread and popped it in my handbag then gave it to my bf when I got home! Major success :) no-one even noticed I didn't eat it lol.

ANd I avoided pudding at the restaurant in the evening and stuck to my meal choices. I said no to champagne and shots later in the evening and even sat in the kebab shop with them all drinking diet coke instead of having any food! But I did go overboard on wine and I am sure I will pay for it on WI on Weds.

My bf bought us both a kit kat chunky yesterday as well and despite wanting to 'sod the diet' for another day and start fresh today, I didnt eat it :) I am going to save it for a treat on a day when I have enough syns left (11 or 12 I think!!!!!) or I might even have half one day and half the next!

So I have meal plans for the week and I am going to try to success express as much as possible between now and then so hopefully can minimise the damage. I am also trying my best to up my water intake and have drunk more than usual already (glug glug glug)

How was your weekend?

aww well done you! i think you've done fab over the weekend!
saying that...if you're hard work hasn't paid off and you have a gain thru a few extra glasses of wine, if it was me, i'd be thinking should've had the bloody kit kat anyway lol.
no, really well done - you're def in the zone if you weren't phased too much from saying no and i'm sure the next few days will really help.

my weekend was quiet...didn't do too much other than the usual must do things like shopping and ironing. i seem to have spent a fortune this week but hoping that most of it will last for a while and i dont need to get too much next week,

i was going to go to a different class this morning to get weighed rather than all the faffing about at the one tonight so had rushed about all morning then thankfully checked online re the class and its not on anymore! thank god i checked! dunno what made me? but i was a bit disappointed cos i had geared myself up for it - and of course i felt about 1 stone in weight first thing hahaha! not to worry, i'll go later and hopefully see some results.

have cooked all day today - soup, things for work, lunches for us all for tomorrow and tonight's dinner. i had a fruit salad with yog this morning and a spoonful of this or that as i was making it but that's all so need to think about lunch although i'm not feeling hungry yet.
made the mushy pea curry there and blitzed it to have over chicken and rice later but not sure i'm that keen. my OH is just home and likes it...dunno if it's cos i know what's in it that's putting me off...or the fact that it just doesn't compare to the one you get from the chinese hehe...it'll do anyway. monday's are hectic so if i can prepare it all the way i have it'll be quick when we get back in tonight and after weigh in.

didn't do the muffin sw quiches this time, instead i made tomato and herb pasta and sauce and lined the dish with that then put the cottage cheese/egg/veg mix on top so its kinda like a fritatta. i've cut it all up into wee squares but had some last night with salad and sw wedges and it was good - a nice colourful plate :D

i'm super impressed with how you did over the weekend - it can be so hard even if we plan to be good so well done again! x

Last edited:
I bought one of the new kit kat chunky's to save as a treat. I decided to have half last night and half today (and felt amazing and angelic)

so imagine my FURY this morning when I find that my bf has not only eaten all of his one but my half as well!!! Grrrrrr

oooh the bugger!! :argh: lol
well now you'll just have to treat yourself to something else!
i just got a pack of 5 malteser bunny from morrisons for £2 (love them!! and such a bargain for its 2 for £1!) think they have 8/8.5 syns each but will def have one of those every now and then :D i dont really use any syns thru the day (maybe the odd 1 for e/l mayo so always have the full amount come night time which i use for a pkt of crisps and a wee bit chocolate

how's your day been? x

Fantastic syn free day today as we are having Chinese take away with my bf's dad. I can have chicken in black beam sauce (5 syns) AND chicken chow mein (7 syns) and still be under limit. So I'm looking forward to the 'on plan' treat. ...........just need to steer clear of the prawn crackers!!

I had my hex's for brekkie (cereal and milk) and then SW veggie frittata for lunch followed by cherry tomatoes, blueberries and a muller light. Very yummy!!

How about you?!

(Bf better have replaced the kit kat or he is in for trouble!!)

hehe...i don't doubt it ;)
my day's been pretty hectic and i was glad when my shift was finished...but i suppose it did go in quite fast.
that take away sounds good...for being syn free - wish i liked black bean cos i see it mentioned a lot when it comes to chinese takeaway.
i haven't been out for dinner or anything at all since i started but havent been that fussed - think its cos i've been having good, tasty (well most of the time lol) dinners.
my OH has just pulled out a big bar of fruit and nut...i LOVE that but at 1/5 syns a piece, i'm going to have a rocky road hi-fi bar and a packet of tayto whisps. still have 2healthy a's to have (i'm on green today) but will prob just have a wee cheese thing i bought for packed lunches - 1 is 20g of cheddar and to be honest, to have more would just be for the sake of it so dont think i'll bother.
i'm attempting chilli chicken noodles for tomorrow's tea...got the recipe off the website but changed the beef for chicken so hoping it's alright x

i only do the green plan but most days only end up having 1 HEA but 2 HEB i struggle to use two A`s,this is a great site for ideas and support,only my 4th week so still pretty new to it myself

i agree...its great! this is only day 23 for me on the plan and i think its been great - as you said, good for ideas etc.
i do one day green and one EE and never really have the 2 hea's unless i've maybe had cereal for one of the b's
have you been having good weight loss with just green days? x

that's fab! i've had 3 weigh ins and have 9lbs off so far :)
to be honest i don't eat a lot of meat - would only really be at dinner time so don't mind having something every second day but would be pretty much the same if i did green all the time but used a HE for meat at meal times cos you only get 1 HE on EE anyway.
i find i'm more hungry sometimes on an EE day?? saying that, i'm on green today and hungry now...but not really sure what to have. think i'm a bit aware that if i had, say a yogurt or something now, it would be another x amount of calories and i know we don't count calories but tonight i've been thinking about how many i've eaten??
i do still have 5 syns left so could use that but not sure.... :-/ x

Back