Help Needed from experienced RC lads and lassies.....please :-)

Lou51

Hiya,

I am on week 2 of the RC Ultimate GI Jeans Diet and doing ok. I have bought the RC Step by Step low Fat Cookbook, in the hopes of broadening our dinner options but I am a bit confused and need some help please:
I know that I should be looking at meals under 400 cals (I know this will go up after the first 2 weeks) and under 5grams fat per 100grams. In the cookbook, most recepies are over 400-500 cals per portion and have more fat, sometimes quite alot more, so I really don't know what I can and can't cook....what will ruin my diet and what wont.
Can any of you give me some help please? Thank you very much xxx

:confused::confused:

Hiya,

I am on week 2 of the RC Ultimate GI Jeans Diet and doing ok. I have bought the RC Step by Step low Fat Cookbook, in the hopes of broadening our dinner options but I am a bit confused and need some help please:
I know that I should be looking at meals under 400 cals (I know this will go up after the first 2 weeks) and under 5grams fat per 100grams. In the cookbook, most recepies are over 400-500 cals per portion and have more fat, sometimes quite alot more, so I really don't know what I can and can't cook....what will ruin my diet and what wont.
Can any of you give me some help please? Thank you very much xxx

:confused::confused:

Hi

The meals that are usually shown are for 4 people so you need to divide all the amount shown by 4 or 2 if you only cooking for one or two .

Hope this helps .

Hi, yes I saw that....I am referring to the individual portion, not the overall dish.

Sometimes the total fat per portion is more than 5g but the fat per 100g is under 5g so it's fine. It can also be the other way round but that isn't fine! It is a bit confusing I know and it would be better if the RC cookbook explained it somewhere, I haven't got one but it seems to be the same with recipes in the magazines. I would say that fat wise the recipes are fine but maybe check the ingredients you're using follow the 5% fat rule. It does seem strange though that the recipes are coming out at over 400 cals, do they include the accompaniments, e.g. rice, pasta in the calories? You could cut down on those if it does.

:angel09:

The easiest way to get your head around the fat rule is to look at different food packets, whatever you've got in your cupboard and compare the portion fat content and the 100g fat content and see how wildly it can vary. Some manufacturers put nutritional info on the front which makes it even more confusing as it's usually the total fat they put on the front!

Just remember when it comes to picking something to eat it's always less than 5g per 100g! :)

Thank you for your advice Ange. To be honest, it has thrown me rather. There are some very nice recepies but I am frightened to do some of them because of the fat content. I might find one and type the ingredients here and see what you think.
Incidentally, I have also sent an email to RC website for guidance, but haven't had any reply at all which is a bit disapointing. If they do some back with something I will let you know.
In the meantime, I will try and find an appropriate recipie and see what you think to the ingredients, if you don't mind xx

Back