Help Needed - I am Drowning !!

cmacca

I started LL on Monday and things are going OK, I like the foodpacks, I am not too hungry etc, BUT I am struggling so bad with the water, it is not that I need it to be flavoured or anything, I am having trouble phyically drinking 4 litres, I am nearly sick each time as it just seems to make me feel like I am drowning. Has anyone got any tips on how to drink the right amount ?, I am drinking from a litre bottle with one of those sports caps, I am wondering if that is my problem ?. I am a bit sad and counted the amounts of time I went for a wee yesterday and it was 14 !, I can't keep doing that especially at work, I am having to pop out during meetings etc. Any help would be so welcomed !!

Thanks so much

Claire
xxxx

Those sport cap things aren't very good for gulping it.
Its pretty psycological too... just think - all the food you used to eat contained water... our bodies are made up of about 70-75% water.

If you stop eating the food you usually do then your body might feel dry, skin might dry out a bit and you will feel not quite right. Plus (I learnt this the other day) your body will look for water wherever it can.. so it takes out water from your bowel and uses that - which is why you then might become constipated.

Water is the best stuff on earth!! Think of it as 'life giving' how much good it is doing you... liven it up with some flavouring from your leader (St Clements or Fruits of the forest etc)

Don't think of it as a chore to drink it - gulp it like its giving you life and detoxing you.....

Water Rules!! ha ha can I stop going on about water now? ha ha

I hope it gets better for you and stop the sorts caps... get a nice glass - that even looks appealing and that might help a bit.
BEst of luck!

Poor you - it can be hard work to get used to the water.

I think first and foremost the sports caps make matters worse as you invariably gulp large quantities of air as well as water. I think it is easier as well to get a smaller bottle. I bought a 500ml bottle and refill that 8 times a day or more.

Other helpful hints - try to make sure you have a sip / gulp every few minutes - have the bottle next to you at all times and you will remember to do this - it soon becomes second nature.

Room temp water is easier to gulp down that chilled water so I only have really cold water when I am enjoying a flavoured water (St Clements) bottle worth of drink as it takes longer to finish and feels like a treat.

The toilet problem unfortunately is unavoidable, you have to go through the weeing every few minutes period until your body learns to deal with the quantity of water you are feeding it. Eventually the constant trips to the loo should reduce.

But please remember - "the more you drink the more you shrink". If you keep feeding your body water - it will keep burning more fat and flushing away the toxins. If you don't flush out the toxins that come from breaking down your fat, you will not only feel crappy but eventually your weight loss will stall. As Claire said - also it is wonderful for your body to have so much water. My skin is like silk and my OH can't stop stroking it and I feel fantastic - so that has to be a bonus.

Other than that all I can say is persevere and all will be worth it at weigh in.

Good luck
Laura

I worked out that to drink 4 litres between 7am and 7pm I needed to down a 500ml bottle every 1 1/2 hours - so sipping every 5 mins or so worked easily. Don't try to drink too much in one go - gradually is easiest. You will get used to it, and the toilet stops improve too - honest! Your body adapts. Another way I did it was to think, "Drink 2 bottles then have a pack etc". After a while you actually get more thirsty because your body gets used to being properly hydrated - I'm always parched when I wake up so down a bottle easily then. Keep at it and it'll become easier.

Poor you - it can be hard work to get used to the water.

I think first and foremost the sports caps make matters worse as you invariably gulp large quantities of air as well as water. I think it is easier as well to get a smaller bottle. I bought a 500ml bottle and refill that 8 times a day.

Other helpful hints - try to make sure you have a sip / gulp every few minutes - have the bottle next to you at all times and you will remember to do this - it soon becomes second nature.

Room temp water is easier to gulp down that chilled water so I only have really cold water when I am enjoying a flavoured water bottle worth of drink as it takes longer to finish and feels like a treat.

The toilet problem unfortunately is unavoidable, you have to go through the weeing every few minutes period until your body learns to deal with the quantity of water you are feeding it.

But please remember - the more you drink the more you shrink. If you keep feeding your body water - it will keep burning more fat and flushing away the toxins. If you don't flush out the toxins that come from breaking down your fat, you will not only feel crappy but eventually your weight loss will stall. As Claire said - also it is wonderful for you to have so much water. My skin is like silk and my OH can't stop stroking it and I feel fantastic - so that has to be a bonus.

Other than that all I can say is persevere and all will be worth it at weigh in.

Good luck
Laura

I bought a water filtering jug from Asda for £7 - this includes 1 filter which lasts for 1 month. I find it makes tap water much more palatable and easier to drink. The best tip has already been given by Chunkychicken - room temperature water. It makes all the difference in the world. I filter my water the evening before and pour it into empty 2 litre bottles so it reaches room temperature overnight, then the next day I have all I need.

And after a few weeks you will find that you need to go to the toilet less - your body does get used to it. The first few days are awful though - I remember them well! I definitely found the constantly running to the toilet the worst thing about starting the diet, far worse than not eating food! Stick with it - it will get better.

CMacca

Its difficult the first few days on LL and the water is a struggle for a while. I statred with bringing a 2 litre bottle around with me and if I was sitting I would use a 1/2 pint glass which goes down real easy, maybe try the flavouring they taste ok and should help. Kepp it up you will get used to it sonn enough kepp us all posted.

Cmacca,

You've had loads of good advice here, hope it's helpful.

There's no doubt that the water is an unforeseen problem for some people.

I like to drink the water hot with a bit of the st clements flavouring. Also, get a bottle of sparkling and add st clements flavouring - its a bit like lemonade.

Don't use any non-LL flavourings.

Drinking the water from a glass, slightly warm is much easier than from a bottle, cool.

In time your bladder will expand to fit the new drinking regime. I remember one day widdling into an old measuring jug to see how much I'd 'made'. The day before I'd been at a supermarket loo and while 'performing' a lady came into the cubicle next door, did her business and left while I was still weeing! It took ages!

Well, I measured my wee and it was one pint and a quarter. Blimey, that explains everything. Additionally, one morning I weighed myself first thing then wee'd then weighed myself again - I lost 2 and a half pounds of wee at that second weigh-in!

Hope this helps...

You just need to find your way of drinking the water. I have a sports cap bottle (750ml) and I Make sure that I drink one in the car on the way to work on the way back on the way to swimming on the way back from wi - it just seems to make the go a bit quicker.

I can't stand drinking out of a glass and I can't stand it hot ! Try just downing your 4 litres and then build it up cos the more you drink the more you will lose !

Your bladder will get used to it - it takes about two weeks but the worse is the first week.

Good luck

Back