help needed on food!!!

spea

Hopefully someone can help me, im in my 11th week of TS and I have just come across a slight problem, after being very unsociable for the last 11 weeks, me and my daughter have been invited out on a day trip with my parents and brother, well that's OK you are thinking, well here' s my problem my dad and brother do not know im on TS and think I am just 'healthy eating' so my mum has asked me to eat tomorrow to save questions (mainly due to influencing my brother) I have agreed to do this but now I have agreed to go out I know this will involve lunch and dinner out (which I have to admit is very appealing after nearly 11 weeks), so my question is what can I take for a picnic lunch that will not look a bit weird and if we do go out for dinner what to have????? they tend to go for Indian, Chinese or to a restaurant. if I have two meals can I miss 2 of my products???

please help

Hi there, Why dont you make them aam days. After that many weeks it might do you good. So Meat/fish and Salad. No dressing please. Sparkling water to drink. RE Indian/chinese - sorry I can't advise. I am a steak and salad person. Mostly my advice is to enjoy the meal. And then if it does have a bad (knock out of ketosis) effect just get back on plan as soon as ever you can afterwards. Its just easier that way.

Belle

I say go for Indian and have what I have....

Chicken tikka dry with salad and mint yoghurt dressing
Mushroom bahjee side

Scrummy and totally filling :D

Yes, miss the products if you eat a meal instead. Picnic food - cottage cheese or yoghurt based dips with celery/cucumber sticks, chunks or slices of beef/chicken/ham. Little gem lettuce leaves wrapped around fillings instead of bread. Have a look at this post for a list of food you can eat, and food you MUST avoid http://www.minimins.com/exante/189296-exante-faqs.html#post3191506Avoid anything beige - 'I find that bread makes me bloated these days', and 'potatoes/rice sit funny on my stomach, make me feel really sick' - mention sick and most people back off...Indian - anything dry with some salad, no naan/rice/onions. Chinese - salt & chilli chicken wings to start, and then something like beef & mushroom in garlic sauce, just avoid eating the sauce as much as possible.Don't let anyone blackmail you into eating. You are in control of what you put in your mouth and you do not have to have pudding, or naan/rice etc. Just say no thank you :)

thanks for the advice, i have packed a chicken salad and pray it keeps me going lol

well, i have to say, found today quite easy, had my shake for breakfast and then a small chicken salad for lunch then i had my soup and bar when i got hope because frankly i was starving. no meal out thank god.

Blimmin' well done! :D

Back