Help needed please

flutterbyuk25

Hey all

In my job I have to go away for 6 weeks spread throughout the year. We always stay in same place and have same sort of food each time. Last time I went, I put on 2lbs, despite it being an extremely active week (I do outdoor pursuits with teens).

I need some advice on what food I can take to have for lunch as we always get given packed lunch of white bread cheese sandwich, mccoys crisps and biscuits. Sometimes fruit too (and none of teens eat the fruit so I steal theirs!)

Breakfast is buffet style so not too bad cos I can have Special K cereal, scrambled egg, beans and quorn sausage. And dinner is so-so, but I always eat loads of vegetables with it. Sadly there is always a fab fattening desert, but this time I have decided to be good and say no thanks after each dinner (unless it's fruit salad). I also take Alpen light bars with me too, to snack on between meals.

I do green days only cos I'm veggies. I need suggestions of free or low syn lunch items. However I have no access to cooker or fridge during stay. I have kettle and microwave, but very few bowls etc.

So I was thinking of things along the lines of mugshots or pot noodle style, that are filling and tasty.

Can anyone reccommend free or very low syns pot snacks that you just add boiling water to?

I'd be very grateful for any help.

x

dont they do a cous cous in a small pack that you just stick in a cup and add water,how about a cup a soup i know it has syns but would help you stay on track

When I am working away I take a massive bag with the following:

Alpen lights
A box of crunchy oatbakes (25 of these are a HEX B and I eat them dry as they taste like hobnobs)
About 10 packets of mugshots (i put 2 of these in a bowl and eat with a fork as it makes it feel like a proper meal)
Apples, bananas and clementines
Packets of cous cous
A jar of chicken bovril which I make into a drink for a syn free savoury fix
Packets of Ryvita minis
Tesco healthy living chow mein noodle tubs (free)

I also usually take a couple of freddos so that if I just HAVE to have a treat, at least ot isn't a massive syn packed one.

Good luck, mate

xxxx

When I am working away I take a massive bag with the following:

Alpen lights
A box of crunchy oatbakes (25 of these are a HEX B and I eat them dry as they taste like hobnobs)
About 10 packets of mugshots (i put 2 of these in a bowl and eat with a fork as it makes it feel like a proper meal)
Apples, bananas and clementines
Packets of cous cous
A jar of chicken bovril which I make into a drink for a syn free savoury fix
Packets of Ryvita minis
Tesco healthy living chow mein noodle tubs (free)

I also usually take a couple of freddos so that if I just HAVE to have a treat, at least ot isn't a massive syn packed one.

Good luck, mate

xxxx

cocktailprincess, once again you come to my rescue!! Thanks. Any idea how much the Tesco noodles are? I've never seen these but will go looking on weekend.

x

Also, how about packets of savoury rice? You can do these in the microwave with some hot water.
Also, you could take some tinned beans/spaghetti and potatoes?

cocktailprincess, once again you come to my rescue!! Thanks. Any idea how much the Tesco noodles are? I've never seen these but will go looking on weekend.

x
You are welcome, mate!

Do you mean cost of the noodles? Can't really remember- may be about 60p. They also do cous cous in a pot too which are 1 syn. I am not going to lie and say these are mega tasty and filling- they aren't. But they do fill a gap.

Packet cous cous and mug shots are true saviours as they feel a bit more substantial
xxx

How about some scan bran? I took some on hols with me. They are great cos they are SO filling. You could spread marmite on top...

if you have a microwave the quorn sheperds pies are lovely and about 6 syns so not too bad XXX it's all bout the super noodles for me or pasta and sauce which is free noods are 2.5 unless you get the low ft then there free.

I always boil eggs in the kettle, simple just bring to the boil a couple of times,perfect self contained food,no mess no pots.

Back