Help needed to start again.

cherl889

Loves this site!
Hi everyone. Im very new to this forum. I would like to start a low carb diet but cant remember how. I know this sounds silly but a few years ago i lost loads with the support of my best friend who text me every second about food what to eat what not to eat....Anyway shes pregnant now so cant help me this time. What foods am i allowed? Is it purely meat or can i make some nice meals? Please help im desperate, want to loose it before i start trying for another baby in a month.

Hi Cherl - have a look at the stickie 'so youre thinking of starting atkins' (its on of the top ones on the page) and have a read through menu ideas and 'what are we eating today' thread too. It gives you lots of help. You can have some lovely meals - lots of veg required too!
Ask away you can always get lots of advice and help on here x

Hi Cherl and welcome love, yes as Vicky says.

Hi Cheryl welcome to Atkins. xx

Hey Cherl - welcome. Take a look at The Atkins Community website as there are lots of tutorials there and a very busy forum.

Don't panic, Atkins is quite simple really and you'll soon get the hang of it. Good luck!

Hi guys. Thanks for all your messages. I hate to say ive had this horrible d&v bug thats doing the rounds but on the up side i've lost 5lb in 4 days where ive not been able to hold anything down. Good kick start to the diet i thought. Now writing my shopping list for Fri can anyone recommend any snacks and/or meals? Im not following the atkins as such but trying to eat no more than 20g of carbs a day. I think this should be ok but only problem i have is what to take to work as i do shifts. Im loving this site and Jim....you seem to be the atkins daddy but i shall call you GOD:worthy:! Where on earth would we be without you?

Hi Cherl, that's not nice, we've had a couple of people off work with that, it's doing the rounds it seems, fortunately I seem to be immune to stuff like that. I'd go and read the what are we eating thread for ideas on meals, as for snacks my favourite was always pork scratchings and those mini salami's.

Well so far i have the curry, butter chicken, cheese burger pie and mince bake and 2 sauces. Can i please have some ideas for breakfast and how do you know the carb content of veg? Ive looked on different sites and they all seem to come up different, some even say that eggs and meat have a certain amount in. Oh and how do i know what portion size to have?
Lots of questions but you guys are the only ones i can ask.

Breakfast is usually the same for me- bacon and eggs or sausage eggs. why dont you try a mim?

Yes have a look at the MIM/Flaxmeal thread. You won't look back as MIMs and linked recipes make fabulous bread and burger bun substitutes. I love MIMs! Can't be without at least one per day, now.

whats the cheeseburger pie like?

Not sure yet having it on fri. Hubbie wants to try it too! Will let you know though. Found the recipe on here

Im going to give it a try too!!! Thats after Jims Moussaka tomorrow night

You'll have to let me know what thats like. Oh and hubbie cant wait so i'm making it tomorrow night. Any other tips? I really want to do this properly. Today i had 4 rashers of bacon and a fried egg for brunch and then for dinner i had a chicken breast wrapped in bacon and cheese but took the bacon off and chopped it up and made a sauce with stock, mushrooms, onions and a little cream. couldnt actually manage it all or any veg. Oh also snacked on pork scratching and have drunk 2 litres of weak orange and mango (sainsburys own make, double strength). Thinking about having some sf jelly too but not sure if i can have it on my 1st week.

Morning Cherl, onion is a no no on induction, they are surprisingly carby, try substituting scallions instead. That Orange and mango can't be legal surely?

Yes should be plain water Im afraid!!! check the carb content on the juice! its amazing where you will find it. I must admit im missing my onions - I used to eat at least half a red onion a day LOL. I eat spring onions now.

How can i live without onions:cry:. The orange and mango is 0.2carbs per 100ml. I had about 2 carbs worth yesterday. Had bacon and egg for brunch and the cheeseburger pie tonight without the onions and a very small portion of cauliflower cheese. Wow it was lovely and very filling. With the portion size i ate i have another 8 portions to freeze! I used the pepper boursin in the cc rather than the garlic, i think it still worked very well. I know ive only officially been dieting for 2 or 3 days now but today i have a terrible headache and have been weeing loads, i read on a link that it could mean im in ketosis so i tested my wee..........guess what????????? The box went purple. Bring on the weight loss! (already lost 3lb):D

LOL, it's working then love. :)

Back