Help needed with a slow cooker

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by furrystomper, 6 June 2009 Social URL.

1. furrystomper

furrystomper BATMAN & ROBIN FOREVER

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.97%)
    Diet:
    sw
    I have been given one of these today and i have not got a clue lol what do i cook in it?
    I know i can cook most meats in it but as far as recipes and things go i aint got a scooby doo!!!!! :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Chuffy_29

Chuffy_29 Bring it on!

Start Weight:
    103.19kg
    Current Weight:
    100.47kg
    Goal Weight:
    92.53kg
    Lost(%):
    2.7kg(2.64%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You can get some great slow cooker books on the high street. Alternatively just lob it all in and see how you go. We do casseroles, chilli and pot roasts mainly, but you can do puddings as well.

4. BigV

BigV Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    16st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(17.67%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Mine works overtime. But Ive only just done meat, stews and soups. I bought a slow cooker recipe book from WH Smiths last weekend and it has loads of pasta recipes as well. Never thought of doing that before.

Books called "Kitchen classics - Slow cookers" by Jane Price @ £12-99 but worth every penny. Loads of pictures and they all look yummy. Normal recipes nothing over the top.

Enjoy

5. lentil2

lentil2 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.5lb(10.05%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Up until recently, I'd only ever cooked casserole and soups in mine but a couple of weeks ago, I slow cooked a piece of beef in it overnight and it was absolutely gorgeous....just fell apart!
    As for recipes, I'm a chuck it all in type of person, though I have got a slow cooker recipe book!

6. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    I have a wonderful book calledSlow Cooking curry and spice dishes by Carolyn Humphries. I did the pork vindaloo yesterday, just left the oil out of it and it was free. There's a whole series, , but some of the recipes are repeated in the other books. If you look on Amazon you'll be spoilt for choice
    I alter the timings as my low setting seems to cook everything in a couple of hours. It's good for porridge an also rice pudding.

7. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Check out this blog - the author set out to have a different slow cooker (or crock pt as they're called in the US) recipe every day for a year.

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

8. Amy42

Amy42 Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(19.7%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I love my slow cooker, for all the usual favourite stews and sauces, but my absolute favourite is roasting a chicken in it, I just put the whole chicken breasts down in the pot, put some lemon and garlic in (so no added fat), and after 8ish hours on low it's beautiful and tender, always turns out fab!

9. Ninja

Ninja Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(20.28%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I cook Spag Bol, soup, stews, Goulash (SW recipe) chicken and saus hotpot (SW recipe)...basically anything that says it needs to simmer for a hour or so can go in there.

10. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    Judi, I would love your recipe for the vindaloo curry please...

I cook, chilli, soup, casseroles, bolognese sauce, curries etc in my slow cooker, I wouldn't want to be without it now.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.