Help needed with snack ideas!

graciesmummy10

I've been on a low carb, low fat diet for about a month now. I've been surviving on Special K for breakfast, a variety of salads for lunch and lean meats/fish and lots of veggies for dinner. Overall I've lost about 8lbs which is good considering it has taken me from a size 10 to a size 8. I want to maintain this weight however and maybe loose a little more. So far everything about my diet is manageable and I have so much more energy but I need help when it comes to snacking. I want to swap that chocolate biscuit out for something healthier that satisfies my sweet tooth. Anyone have any ideas they've tried that work? Also I'm aware that Special K doesn't seem as good for you as it first appears so some yummy breakfast tips would be great too. Please bear in mind I'm not eating any bread and I don't like eggs (I'm fussy haha) TIA x

Maybe for breakfast, a fruit salad with some natural low fat yoghurt? Or even some porridge with sweetener.

On the snack front, I struggle with that too but what I do at the minute is buy a bar of chocolate, break it into squares and put them in a sandwich bag in the freezer, then when I want one I just take it out frozen and the square lasts me absolutely ages. However, the ladies in my slimming world group swear by frozen grapes, maybe give that a try.

breakfasts and snacks are my downfall, even some granola and muesli is not as good as it first looks! some people make there own. But that is too much for me. I hate porridge lol which is a shame because it would be perfect for breakfast. Some fruit or veg is about all I can think of :( sorry.

Someone suggested tossing nuts and seeds in a frying pan with soya sauce.

For breakfast, I've been having a piece of fruit and scrambled egg on a bit of toast, instead of the usual massive bowl of special K and muesli!! :eek:

...but since you're not eating egg or bread, it makes things a bit tricky! If i were you, i'd go with the low fat yogurt and chopped fresh fruit!
Or, although it doesn't appeal to me for morning time, a few low fat rice cakes and cottage cheese?

Snacks.... i either don't snack at all or just go for a handful of mixed nuts and piece of fruit...

Here's a breakfast idea i just found:
[h=1]Cereal "Sundae"[/h]A bowl of fiber-rich bran flakes (about 1½ cups) with 8 ounces of low-fat milk is nearly the perfect breakfast. Make it portable by replacing the milk with lemon or vanilla yogurt and mixing it in a to-go container. Increase the fiber and vitamins by adding ¼ cup of nuts or fresh or dried fruit, such as chopped pecans or blueberries.

Snack suggestions:
Celery with a bit of mature cheese
Ham or chicken
Fruit teas or dark hot choc
Square of dark chocolate - nibble it and put it down
Low fat jelly

xxx

If you are intended to lose weight then you have to avoid snacks. Go for a healthy diet and don't stop breakfast. Always remember that "Crash Diet" is not the solution for losing weight. You may also go for Yoga Classes, it might be helpful for your body.

If you are intended to lose weight then you have to avoid snacks. Go for a healthy diet and don't stop breakfast. Always remember that "Crash Diet" is not the solution for losing weight. You may also go for Yoga Classes, it might be helpful for your body.

You don't have to avoid snacks though. You can still follow a healthy diet and lose weight, or maintain it, whilst snacking.

b_44 said:
You don't have to avoid snacks though. You can still follow a healthy diet and lose weight, or maintain it, whilst snacking.

Absolutely, I have lots of snacks throughout the day, so I would never say cut snacks out! :) xx

low fat jelly, rowntrees i think it is do ones that are like 10 calories per pot. also lots of fruit!!!! but obv not to much because bananas can make you feel a bit ergh! lol :) well done btw!

I love frozen grapes and I also have sugar free jelly on a night. but I make It with sugar free lemonade. Also I make microwave
Crisps. Slice really thin pat dry and place on grease prof paper.
Micro for about 2_3 mins let them cool.

Back