1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

help needed!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by littlehobbit, 30 July 2009 Social URL.

1. littlehobbit

littlehobbit Full Member

Hi im quite new to all of this.i joined slimming world 4 weeks ago and have lost 6.5lbs:).iv been doing so well this week and want to keep it up but im having my friends round tonight for some cocktails.
    can anyone suggest some low syn cocktails?
    and i know my friends will have lots of chocolate and sweets.does anyone know any free snacks i can have?
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Spirits with low cal mixers but steer clear of the fruit juices cos they will boost the syn value!
    For free snacks, how about this - do a load of carrot, pepper and cucumber sticks and then make some dips with FF natural yoghurt - add cucumber and mint for tzatziki, add garlic and chives for a garlicky dip and if you have time, why not whizz some chick peas with garlic, seasoning, lemon juice and a bit of water to make hummous. All syn free (on green or EE) and very enjoyable!

Welcome along and have a lovely night tonight.
  4. Little_Miss_Stella

Little_Miss_Stella Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World -Green
    i love cocktails and i have really missed them because since i found out the syn value of orange juice, i just cant bring myself to drink it!

I always crave fruity fresh drinks tho so try using things like Fanta Zero, 7up zero etc. and mixing with low calorie cordial/squash and squeezing fresh juice in instead of buying it pre-packaged

IT's a good time to get your friends experimenting and see what you can come up with!

Jaylou has some brill ideas for snacks which i will use myself next time! so thankyou!

Have a brilliant night!
  5. littlehobbit

littlehobbit Full Member

Thank you so much to both off you.i have made the three dips and cut up some sticks for them.and bought diet and squash drinks that i know are free.
    squeezing fruit juice myself is a great idea.as there is one i know has orange juice in it.thank you both again.il definatly keep using this site.its nice to feel you have support.no one i know is doing slimming world so sometimes its hard to keep inspired and encouraged.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.