Help Needed!!

Hi all, this is my first post on this site but I have been doing CD SS since August... was hoping someone could help me out, im going on holiday for 3 weeks first week of November and really dont want to gain weight. Any tips or advice? im touring round india and know that I can't take the diet with me! All help appreciated!!

:flirt2:

I have just posted a very similar message....
great minds think alike!

I'm no expert... but the general consensus on here seems to be to work your way up the plans before you go away to minimise the damage then try to stick to a 810/1000 plan while you are away.

Although I don't know how anyone manages that because I am rubbish on holidays and always fall right off the wagon so I am not a good example :D

Thanks Guru, im useless with food -if its an option I'm having it. Really reluctant to step up, loving the losses and want to be slim when i go away! sob sob.... how soon before I go should i step up? any counsellors out there?

Am going to Portugal at the end of October. Having only just started will be on week 5/6 by then. Seems rotten timing and just don't want to ruin the hard work!

Hi..
Just wanted to say Welcome and well done on your cd journey so far..
Its so hard when you have a holiday booked and your half way into your journey.. I can understand you not wanting to put weight on..
I have recently got back from a 2 week break in Turkey and it was all inclusive.. I am on 1000 step so I took my products with me as long as they are in your suitcase you are ok..
I can understand if you are travelling round it might not be so easy.. If you feel you cannot just have your products then you will need to go up a step or two and add food if you can stick with protein and vegetables and salad it will be best for you and stay away from carbs pasta, rice, and bread.
Some people do decide to come away from the products whilst they were away but I would say if you can stick with them even if its just having one or two products I would.
Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
x

Due to various work and family related stuff I have been on and off CD since I started in June...and still managed to maintain once I stuck to lean meat and salad, typically I have a boiled egg and sliced tomatoes for brekkie, chicken salad for lunch and prawn stirfry for dinner.....think its tougher than doing the CD to be honest but worked for me and even lost a pound or two !!!

No words of wisdom I'm afraid as I am still at the SS stage and don't really understand the higher plans, just a welcome to Claire and Imskinnygetmeoutofhere.
I'm hoping to go to Venice for a few days in November and think that I will stick to SS - but might change my mind before then.

Well I won't be ss'ing on vegas , you all know me by now :D :D

I'll get straight back on it when I get back like I did in July with Florida

If anyone can stick to Cambridge on holiday I'll take my hat off to em (I don't wear hats though)

Enjoy India !!!!!!!

It doesn't compare to portugal or india, but i had holiday few weeks ago in devon. I tried to ss but hated it, wish i'd have planned in advance and thought of recipes to do higher plan. Really felt like i missed out, lets face it - an awful lot of holiday revolves around your meals. I ended up nibbling bits, but didn't eat meals, so never felt happy with this either. When you know you can lose so fast on cd, in future i'd be inclined to just come off it and enjoy the holiday. Deal with any gains on return. Lifes too short to not have fun! xx

i have the same problem, i go on holiday on the 13th oct to spain, i have 10lbs to lose to get to my ldeal weight so if i lose them before i go i will just be really careful when am there and stick to salads and that so not to put it all back on!

xx

i SS'ed through a holiday at the start back in may...it was worth it becuase i lost 6lbs that week, but it was bloody difficult. You would probably be better going up a couple of plans to the 1000 or 1200 plan before hand if you want to eat.
Whatever you decide....i would hasten to add that there is nothing wrong with indulging on holiday, as long as you have the control to get back on track and ACCEPT that the scales will represent what you have eaten.
Its totally 100% up to you though at the end of the day!
Good luck with whatever you decide
xx

Only just seen your post . I have been to India lots as my sister lived there for 4 years. Although was not on CD always lost weight out there (only 1 or 2 lb). The fish is to die for and I ate lots of vegetarian dishes avoiding all the thick creamy sauces. Grilled fish and salad - can get it almost anywhere. I tried to stick to Indian dishes rather than "european". Also due to heat drank lots of water. November is perfect time to go. Enjoy .

Thanks for all your advice everyone.
Part of me really wants to continue with the SS but then again..... what's the point on going on holiday not to enjoy it?? The issue for me is that in Portugal the bread is the best bit!!! I have planned to perhaps take some products for breakfast / lunch? and then stick to the yummy grilled / barbecued chicken & fish with salad for dinner. It will be a rest not to have to cook for others and then watch them eat it!!!

Back