Help Needed

Davey1984

Hi all,

I joined Slimming World a week ago and I noticed in my first week, the considerable amount of money I spent on fruits, vegetables and Salad, so that I was getting 1/3 superfree at every meal time. And now we are on the last week of the month and funds have completely run out (thanks to a very expensive pet bill:cry:) I can not go and buy any fruit, veg or salad and therefore will not be following the plan and correctly and will hinder my weight loss as the key principle of Extra Easy is to fill 1/3 of your plate at every meal time with superfree foods.

I also noticed how difficult it was to eat on the go especially at work, where there is nowhere to eat "SW friendly food" I was bringing food in but there was 1 or 2 days when I had been out the night before and never had time to prepare anythign for the next day, so I spent the whole morning of the next day racking my brain trying to decide what to eat to fit into the plan.

I also like cereal in the morning, and I have found that when doing this I was unable to have any bread, milk or cheese during the course of the day, unless I wanted to use these valuable syns.

So I am toying with the idea of whether SW is right for me. I love the whole concept of the plan and I think everybodys weight loss is a true testament with how amazing this plan is.

I have 8 stone to lose, so I have a very long way to go, which is why I want to follow a plan that will be easy, straight forward and one that I can follow come rain or shine!!

Any advice would be really helpful
:)
xxxxxx

Hi Dave, maybe you should consider doing green or red days? You don't have to fill your plate with one third superfree and you also get 2 HE A & Bs. The downside is that you have to limit your carbs on red and your protein on green, but it might be worth reading them up in your book to see what you think.

If you don't have time to prepare food for work, maybe take in some mug shots or something similar for emergencies? Personally I don't find them very filling, but they're better than nothing. I sometimes make a slimming world quiche on a Sunday that lasts me for 4 days lunches at work - maybe you could do that? I also sometimes cook a load of pasta and then keep it in the fridge to make pasta salads for work. The cooked pasta keeps for a few days in the fridge as well.

I also recommend frozen veg.

Good luck with your weight loss,

Tracy

Honestly? You might want to consider weight watchers. You get more flexibility around bread & cereal products, and they do weight watchers ready meals if you aren't a big fan of cooking. Plus ready made sandwiches are vaguely doable as a bloke on weight watchers as you get more pro points to play with. You are still encouraged to eat healthily, and most fruit & veg are zero points so you can fill up on them.

The massive downside is that you have to measure & Count everything. That's the bit I hated about it. I'm not a massive fan of Weight watchers for myself, but I can see how it can fit into people's lifestyles a bit better than SW.

You'll need to make some adjustments and sacrifices whichever plan you choose :( I'd say if you've invested in joining SW it would be daft not to give it a month to see how you get on.

The fruit and veg doesn't have to be expensive. Frozen veg is really cheap and convenient. £5 will buy enough frozen chopped onion mushrooms peppers and tins of tomatoes/beans to make a LOT of pasta/ chilli/ curry/ sauces!! Leave out the meat (or use quorn if you prefer) and youve got yourself a green day with double the HEXes so cereal and bread is no problem ;) Aldi and morrisons both do very cheap fruit and veg offers (39p super six at aldi is excellent) and banana's are always cheap!!

Personally I hated WW :( not sure why as I found calorie counting a doddle and that's all about measuring too!! So I can't really advise about other diets to try. I think calorie counting is very flexible and i did it for 18months very successfully (5 stone) but I was hungry quite a lot!! I couldn't face it this time round (quit smoking!! Need to be able to nibble if the need arises lol)

They have six fresh fruits and veg on offer for 39p :) they change the six every two weeks and usually they are seasonal. Lots of melon strawberries and raspberries at the mo (i think....not shopped for a while!!!) along with salad bits. But sometimes it's bags of baking potatoes or carrots or bananas or green beans etc. Very good value for money ;)

This weeks are:

Avocado - single
Lemons - 3 pack
Spring Onions - 125g
Iceberg Lettuce - single
Beetroot - 500g
Baking Potatoes - 4 pack

This weeks are:

Avocado - single
Lemons - 3 pack
Spring Onions - 125g
Iceberg Lettuce - single
Beetroot - 500g
Baking Potatoes - 4 pack

Am going! Excellent :)

I too recommend trying red or green days. Frozen meat in iceland is cheap and frozen veg for times when money has run out to get more fresh stuff. I've recently struggled with money etc buying fresh so frozen is the way! Good luck x

Back