Help!!!!! No weight loss

Mandy 68

Yes yes yes I know that I am only supposed to weigh once a week but hey ho I'm naughty and like to see the weight fall even just half a pound makes me feel that what I am doing is worth it.

So the bad news it that I haven't lost anything in 5 days. I thought it might have been the Coke Zero as I wasn't drinking it last week so have been a very very good girl and literally just had shakes and water the last couple of days....I am only in my second week and am still 13 stone I can not be leveling off yet.

Just had a thought..... chewing sugar fee gum is this the problem?

This is why daily weighing is a bad idea! If you cant take the sts and gains as well as the losses without getting stressed it's best to stay away from the scales, they will drive you mad!

Some people chew gum and others dont, so it's your choice.
Exante dont say we can but they dont say we can have other drinks either but we all do!

Keep going Mandy it definately won't come off if u give up now! It'll be 3weeks on this for me tomorrow and I haven't weighed since day 5 cus I know it could dishearten me. If I don't weigh first thing in the morning I know I won't for the rest of the day cus of all the fluid I'm drinking would weigh extra so puts me off.
Babs

No to diet coke or anything like it. Water, water, water all the way...black coffee or leaf teas. Good luck and don't give up...keep off the scales, its not always a motivator.

I have got my 3rd weigh in tomorrow morning and i really wanted 4 lbs off this week.
According to my scales here i have only lost 1 - 2 lbs but week 3 always seems to be a bit of a sod for smaller losses.
It won't put me off though, will just keep going slow but sure.
Keep going Mandy, you had a great start xx

although not seen anything since saturday I have stayed positive until today. I think it is made worse knowing that hubby will be out tonight and even though he doesn't come all high and mighty I know he is here normally. Been good mostly though, did pinch a little nibble of little ones lunch while feeding him his frittatas and beans at lunch. so it has been water water and yet more water for me today..... pushed back my shakes as well today so that I have just had my second and then I can have one later when I am sat alone watching tv and the munchies set in. I do have 2 official weigh in days though. 1 is friday because hubby and I have always weighed on a friday and as soon as I go back to eating food (high protein low carb which I broke the habit at xmas and not been able to get back to since hence the weigh gain this year) and then monday as that is the day I started exante....

The only thing that I keep telling myself is that it HAS to come off eventually if I am only having 600 cals a day.

Mandy, try not to worry. I did atkins a few years ago and was weighing every day for the first 3-4 days, I actually went UP some days and was about to throw in the towel when my hubby took the scales and hid them lol! :eek: Anyway I weighed in on day 7 and had lost 8lbs!!!
Our bodies do weird things when we go on such a strict diet so don't fret til your WI xxx

I wouldn't threat! Last week i was a bit naughty an weighed my self after 4days an nothing came up but what you need to remember is the times of day your doing it and also you still have 2 days of dieting and excercise left! in future just leave it to the weekly weigh in as that week i actually lost 4 1/2 pound!

i was like you mandy, weighing every other day for the first couple of weeks, regretted it every time, but i have occupationally weighed a couple of days early for a sneek peek and have lost nothing, yet by the weigh in day 2 days later have lost 2 lbs, dont threat, just muddle on and you will lose weight.

Back