Help! Not sure where im going wrong, feeling a bit miserable!

Amyeve

Mummy of 2!
Hi ladies, i posted here when i first started slimming world on 24th Nov, sorry i havent been about since, forgive me :(

Anyway, so far i've lost 6lb which i know is great, but as i've stuck so rigidly to the plan i'm disappointed i havent reached my goal. I know you probably think im being silly and 6lb is nothing to moan at, but its bringing me down!! i had hoped to loose twice that much at this point. plus i weighed myself this morning and i have gained 1.5lb this week - despite increasing my daily exercise and making a conscious effort to drink more water.
my offical WI is monday so im hoping to at least STS as last week but doesnt seem very hopeful at the mo!

there is a mother & baby forum i use too and theres a lady who started the plan same day as me and has lost 12lb which makes me feel worst as that was my target and i havent even got 1 day of falling off the wagon to blame it on!!

I have also had to buy fibre tablets today as ive become really irregular which im sure isnt helping :ashamed0005:

Anyway, any tips would be greatly appreciated.:help2:

i am such i moaner sorry!!:sigh:

Hi hun, dont beat yourself up over it.

6lb is a brilliant loss and you should be proud.

Here are a few suggestions/pointers for you:
1) exercise builds muscle, muscle weighs more than fat so although you might not see huge loss this week you may have lost inches. Get a tape measure and measure yourself write it down and then keep a track.

2) are you having enough syns?

3) concentrate on super speed foods if you can or try some new recipes

4) dont get on your own scales, it is a well known fact that our own scales lie to us! Only go buy the ones at class and stick to weighing at the same time of day each week.

think thats all i can think of for now but chin up hun xx

have you made a food diary and had it checkde by your consultant? or make one on here, i have been told so manny times about people who think something is ok to eat when it really isnt and can make all the difference. other than that im not sure what to suggest. althought isnt that a loss of like 2 lbs a week?? or am i wrong?? if it is then thats brilliant. ive been doing it over 3 months now and have only just got to my first stone, it just takes time and patients

Yes you are right i just need some patience!!! all my patience is used up on my baby, i dont have much more left after that!!!
Going to try harder and relax a bit! maybe the fibre tabs will make me feel better too.
i dont go to classes i use the online and log diary there!
i've woken up happier today, think i was having a moody day yesterday so im sorry for moaning!!

Hi there

Glad you are feeling happier today:) Remember if you lose it slowly you are more likely to keep it off. It takes time and you will get to where you want to be :):)

Hi chick, being irregular will make you retain water. Also you should never compare yourself to another person because everyones body reacts differently. I also agree with the comments about weighing yourself at home. I wont have scales in the house at all as it is far too tempting to jump on and then if the scale has gone up you get deflated. I had bypass 6 weeks ago and go once a week to my local chemist and get weighed there around the same time each monday to give a more acurate reading...keep on going chick you will get there and remember it took a while to get on it will take a while to come off...slow and steady...xx

thanks ladies!:)

you are right with the water retention! for the past few weeks i have been waking in the night to wee which is unusual for me! like being pregnant again:rolleyes:

great idea with the weighing in the chemist! i may get my partner to hide my scales and go cold turkey!

do you do red or green days? or vary them? glad you're feeling more up and well done on the loss so far, you've almost at half a stone xxx

i try to vary them, but i usually end up doing more green days for convienece sake, like having super noodles or pasta n sauce for a quick lunch. perhaps im having too many carbs?

I tend to have red days as im not keen on green days, i know different people prefer different days but maybes try red days, i know me and SA both love them and the losses we have on them xxx

ok this is what i've had last 2 days, and is fairly typical of what i have most days!

Yesterday - green day
breakfast
2x nimble toast (heb)
scrambled egg (free)
lunch
low fat supernoodles (free)
strawberry muller (free)
dinner
spaghetti carbonara from online recipe (totally yum btw)
- speghetti (free)
-eggs (free)
- bacon (as heb)
- vlf fromage frais
- parmesan (3 syns)
pinched poppadom off hubbys tea (2.5 syns)
penguin biscuit (5.5 syns)

so thats 2x heb
1x hea (350ml milk in tea)
11 syns

thursday - red day
breakfast
1x nimble toast (1/2 heb)
2x dairylea light triangles (hea)
lunch
1xnimble toast (1/2 heb)
topped with 1 tin of tuna (free)
mixed with 1tbp low fat mayo (2.5 syns)
muller banana & custard (free)
Snack
small pack of large prawns (free)
dipped into reggae guava sauce (2.5 syns)
dinner
Gammon steak (free)
topped with fried egg (free, fried with fry light)
225g jacket pot (heb)
1 tsp of low fat spread (1 syn)
toffee muller (free)

so thats 2x heb
2x hea (350milk in tea)
11.5 syns

i also try and drink as much water as i can although i prefer tea! i also drink alot of green tea.
do you think this is ok or do i need to tweak bits? maybe not have as many syns?

Hi Amy, lots of years of SW experiences here. I always stick to red days when I need or want to lose weight more quickly. Also if im doing red i dont have potatoes or rice or pasta as my hebs. Too much like eating "normally" if you know what I mean. My body doesnt lose weight like that. Stick to lean meat and fish, loads of vegs but cut the carbs out on red days and vice versa on green. This is how SW used to be before they mucked about and changed it. It worked better in the old days I reckon.

Amy your menu's look good..........apart from wheres the fruit and veg? 5 a day....
fruit is great for filling you up, and its really good for u......what about making a veg soup.....brill for kick startin weight loss and u can have as much as u like.....
if your stuck for a recipe i'll post one up for u.........
and your weight is brill so far..........its hard enuff lookin after a baby nevermind havin to plan menu's each day as well................

i'd really appreciate a recipe - thanks!! i do like fruit im just not in the habit of eating it so its an effort if that makes sense?!!
i eat a fair bit of veg - not enough though i must admit. have alot of stirfrys if that counts!

Right i am going to try having red days only for a while and see if that gives me a bit of a kick start.
Do you avoid bread as well Happe?? and do you avoid meat completely on a green day? i wouldnt mind that could just replace with quorn?

I really really appreciate all your replies!
xx

i would eat bread and potatoes.....just try and not have the same b choices 3 days in a row.........
try poached or scrambled egg on toast for breaky........with beans on a green day and bacon on a red....really fills u up........

I agree with the other comments, i think your menus are great! I would have more fruit this may help with the bunged up situation too HEHE!! Or you could swap a HB round so rather than having toast for breakfast have prunes, raisins, tinned fruit or even a cereal bar. I think having a variety will help you to stick to it too.

I sometimes make a Scan Bran cake and pick at that very high fibre really helps, can post the recipe if you need it. The other thing to remember is you are a busy Mum, how old is your babe? If your feeding that can change things and may take your body a while to get over the shock of the pregnancy and birth and it's still holding on to everything.

Good luck and keep posting for ideas and help!

i would eat bread and potatoes.....just try and not have the same b choices 3 days in a row.........
try poached or scrambled egg on toast for breaky........with beans on a green day and bacon on a red....really fills u up........

Yeah, I agree.....I have potatoes as a HE B if I have a red day and I'm qute happy with my losses ;)
I think variety is the secret with SW, try not to get stuck in a rut with what you eat. There are loads of A and B choices...make the most of All of them!

I agree with the other comments, i think your menus are great! I would have more fruit this may help with the bunged up situation too HEHE!!

I sometimes make a Scan Bran cake and pick at that very high fibre really helps, can post the recipe if you need it. The other thing to remember is you are a busy Mum, how old is your babe? If your feeding that can change things and may take your body a while to get over the shock of the pregnancy and birth and it's still holding on to everything.

Good luck and keep posting for ideas and help!

firstly, you're right about the fruit, i need to get into the habit of eating it! secondly, what the heck is scan bran cake?!

Eve was 7 months yesterday:) it was a pretty hard pregnancy & birth and i havent fully recovered even now. so perhaps your right about it holding on to everything!

Scan bran is a high fibre crispbread. If you eat it on it's own it taste like carpet tiles! You can buy from group or Holland and Barrett. The cake is low syns and you can eat the whole thing too. Will find the recipe and post it here for you.

Back