Help on calorie counting!

jade.s

Hello, Im new on here, I am on a calorie counting "diet" (new way of living) I started last week, however I cant seem to get more than 800 calories in a day, crazy as it sounds! It seems the food I have brought that are low in calories have managed to fill me up for the whole day, knowing the minimum you should eat is 1200 a day, I don't want to put my body into starvation mode, but I just cant eat anymore than breakfast, lunch and dinner, its totally crazy because before I started this I was NEVER filled up!
I work out at night and burn 100-300 calories too, has anyone else had this, from going to one extreme being you cant stop eating, to not feeling hungry?

Also how long has it taken people to loose weight using calorie controlled diet? I want to loose 40 pounds

I've lost two stone since May on calorie counting. I've also been doing two exercise classes a week since June.

I think starvation mode is a misunderstood concept, I don't think it's as easy to achieve as people think. I think the problem you might come across eating so little calories is your metabolism slowing down rather than full starvation mode.

I never struggle to eat my calorie allowance, but I don't always make the best food choices, which probably helps boost up my in-take.

Perhaps try eating more for breakfast because you will use this energy over the day and might have less impact on your hunger as the day goes on.

Good luck with your weight loss.

xxx

I've lost two stone since May on calorie counting. I've also been doing two exercise classes a week since June.

I think starvation mode is a misunderstood concept, I don't think it's as easy to achieve as people think. I think the problem you might come across eating so little calories is your metabolism slowing down rather than full starvation mode.

I never struggle to eat my calorie allowance, but I don't always make the best food choices, which probably helps boost up my in-take.

Perhaps try eating more for breakfast because you will use this energy over the day and might have less impact on your hunger as the day goes on.

Good luck with your weight loss.

xxx

well done on the weight loss! and thanks for the advice :) quite a few people have told me i need to cut down on exercise, as i do it every night (cardio) i will take on board the advice on breakfast, i suppose all i can do is wait and see what happens, and maybe i will regain my appetite soon and wish i hadn't haha xxx

If you're working out then you should really try to up those calories a bit, just so that once you're maintaining, you don't gain or anything like that. I find myself not being hungry even when I'm under my 1200 calories a day which is completely mind boggling cos I used to easily eat 3-4 times that in a day once upon a time. I have lost 35lbs while ccing in the past six months but there were two months where life was too crazy to be dieting but I maintained. A normal loss is 1-2lbs a week so aim for that maybe :) Good luck!

Yeah I agree with Sarah, a banana would be great to boost your calorie intake if your struggling, 120 in a large one, or a smoothie is great too :)

Thankyou all for the replies, very helpful and I will give all the tips and advice a go! How have you all done so far on your weight loss? Has CC been successful so far? xxx

I have been doing this for about 4 months and have lost about 3 stone - could probably have done better but have been slightly off track for a bit. I love ccing so much - it is more of a lifestyle change than a diet :)

wow thats fab!! how many calories a day were you on? did you exercise too? i haven't seen any difference yet im finding it very frustrating :(

Back