Help planning in advance

zebredy

Sci-Fi Geek
My hubby and I are meeting some people next Sunday as part of a group we set up, if all goes as planned then later on I want to invite them over to watch a movie at ours with some nibbles and drinks.

Got any ideas of healthier nibbles, things that don't say I'm eating like a rabit sorry no cakes allowed here, type stuff.

Im not a big fan of salads, but going to provide a small one anyway, plus some tesco LC 1point cakes will go down well, as I can have one or two, but I heard things in pastry are a no no?

Is that right, and has anyone got any food ideas.

When I say nibbles I mean a bit more then a light lunch..

Forgot to mention we are trying to do this on a tight budget, and max is probably going to be 4-6 people...

Not sure if everyone will be chipping in a few quid but I can persuade one of my healthier friends to bring a few things herself if she decides to come..

i love to make cous cous with roasted red peppers, yellow peppers, and red onions, and mix through some green pesto-its delicious cold, so you could make it before you go our, and have it as part of like a buffet style meal?
how about a nice dip then they can have doritos to dip in or something, while you opt for melba toast? a nice one for me is 100ml or low fat or fat free natural yoghurt, 100g reduced fat soft cheese (mix together) finely chip 1/4 cucumber, and a red pepper, mix through and finally add 1tsp (or as much as you like) of curry powder its 1.5 points for half of the whole thing (it makes quite alot) but you can easily double it too.

i love to make cous cous with roasted red peppers, yellow peppers, and red onions, and mix through some green pesto-its delicious cold, so you could make it before you go our, and have it as part of like a buffet style meal?
how about a nice dip then they can have doritos to dip in or something, while you opt for melba toast? a nice one for me is 100ml or low fat or fat free natural yoghurt, 100g reduced fat soft cheese (mix together) finely chip 1/4 cucumber, and a red pepper, mix through and finally add 1tsp (or as much as you like) of curry powder its 1.5 points for half of the whole thing (it makes quite alot) but you can easily double it too.

Some good suggestions there

Keep them coming guys and gals

chicken tikka skewers? chicken breast, cherry tomatoes, red onion, and peppers, (if you bulk them out with veg, they will go alot further) mix together 1-2 tbsp curry paste (more or less to your taste) and 100ml natural yoghurt, add diced chicken and marinate for as long as you can. chop pepper and onion, alternate chicken and veg on skewers (wooden skewers are pretty cheap, if you can, leave them to soak in water to stop them from burning for 30mins or so) then grill until cooked. 3.5points for 2-a bit of le-way there as the original recipe just has the chicken on the skewers.

ps you could always ask someone if they have curry paste in if you dont, a jar lasts aaaaaaaages, so im sure a friend would mind letting you have a few tbsp of it if you havent got it in and your on a budget. if you have a tesco near you id buy the tesco value pack of mixed peppers, great value, and will stretch to make all you're pepper recipes (if you decide to do them) that should keep the cost down.

Forgot about doing chicken skewers thanks

Come to think of it, I could do some veg and dip kinda like you suggested, and boil some chicken, let it cool then add it to a small sorta salad..

Hmm thanks for this, really making my brain think better now...

Come to think of it, I forgot tesco LC crisps or some of the weight watchers nachos :)

Back