Extra Easy HELP PLEASE - Fallen off the wagon

Jane_89

Hi everyone,

I've been sick with a chest infection/cold the past week and I've complete gone off slimming world :( It started with one day binging to make myself feel better and then it turned into taking a break until I was feeling better, now a week later I feel horrible thinking about how much crap I've eaten! I can feel that I've gained weight, and I genuinely just feel all yucky. Can't bring myself to weigh myself, but I'm worried I'm not going to be able to get back on it. I do slimming world online, so I was wondering if anyone could give me some motivational tips to get back in the right mindset instead of beating myself up :(

You need to just start now from scratch. Go back to basics like a brand new member. This happens to the best of us so don't be too hard on yourself. Maybe if you can manage it keep your syns at a max of 10 for the next week just to help make up for it a little. What has happened can't be undone but you can start a fresh I promise! Just think of the end result and what your goal is. Here for support if you need it x

It's so hard to pick yourself up after something like this. But what's the alternative? Grit your teeth and weigh yourself even if it's not your usual WI day so you know the 'worst', then, as the PP has suggested go back to basics. Re-read all your new member information and then sit down and plan some lovely, SW friendly meals for yourself for the next few days. The best of us fall off the wagon. We really do. What really matters is not that you've had a binge but how you recover from it. Try and learn from this experience, then draw a line under it. Do it now. Today. Don't put it off until tomorrow. Good luck!

Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone could give me some motivational tips to get back in the right mindset instead of beating myself up :(

A very wise woman said to me once that 'it is often easier to act your way into right thinking than to think your way into right acting'. So, you could contine to binge until you get into the right mindset to do SW again. Or, you could just start SW again even though you feel unmotivated and rubbish and see what happens....I BET you'll be feeling happier and motivated in no time!

You have 2 options.... 1) You either keep doing what you're currently doing and watch yourself gain the weight you've worked so hard to lose or 2) You bite to bullet and weigh yourself. It may be upsetting at first but whatever you can gain in 1 week you can sure as hell lose too. Worst case scenario is it may take you a few weeks to get back on track but that's it.

I hope you go with number 2...

Totally agree!! Brave those scales and start from scratch. Keep your meal plans interesting too. Stops a lot of potential slip ups for me. The new Asia book is fab x

I've taken nearly a year off and put about 2 stone back on!! :( and I bet you anything you'd hate to feel how I feel right now, clothes don't fit, I feel fat, I look at myself and get upset because my face and body has changed and I'm not that slim happy girl I was a year ago because I would eat crap every day.

Nothing tastes as good as being slim feels though, that's why I re started Monday to try and get that happy, In control girl back :)

Good luck you can do this!!

I've taken nearly a year off and put about 2 stone back on!! :( and I bet you anything you'd hate to feel how I feel right now, clothes don't fit, I feel fat, I look at myself and get upset because my face and body has changed and I'm not that slim happy girl I was a year ago because I would eat crap every day.

Nothing tastes as good as being slim feels though, that's why I re started Monday to try and get that happy, In control girl back :)

Good luck you can do this!!

Well done and I wish you every bit of luck getting back on track, and good luck to original poster. we all know how hard it is, but it can be done and you can do it.

I've just joined last week and at this time I feel very motivated. Try and think back to how you felt at the start and what motivated you to start in the first place. Also, get on the scales, be brave.

Thank you so much everyone! Just reading all your encouraging words has helped so much! I have made out a meal plan for the rest of the week, so il be making a trip to Tesco tomorrow morning to stock up. Think it helps to have all the food there ready to start cooking, gets me excited to make lots of new things. You're all right. I need to just draw a line and deal with it. Going to do a weigh in when I get up tomorrow morning, and that will be my new starting point. At least I know I can lose it. Thank you so much for the support! Need to get back to how I was at the start, excited to lose weight and make a big change :) I feel better a already x

Thank you so much everyone! Just reading all your encouraging words has helped so much! I have made out a meal plan for the rest of the week, so il be making a trip to Tesco tomorrow morning to stock up. Think it helps to have all the food there ready to start cooking, gets me excited to make lots of new things. You're all right. I need to just draw a line and deal with it. Going to do a weigh in when I get up tomorrow morning, and that will be my new starting point. At least I know I can lose it. Thank you so much for the support! Need to get back to how I was at the start, excited to lose weight and make a big change :) I feel better a already x

Good for you! You can do it. :)

I have no doubts you'll be helping someone else out who gets themselves into a similar situation in a months time and you'll be telling them about this one time that you let yourself slip.

We all have to make mistakes to learn from them.

You will be just fine ;)

Well done!! By the 89 on your name I'm guessing your 23/24? Me too :) good luck and you will not regret doing the right thing

Back