help please, need some support

clairefatface

Hi fellow sfers - I have had a rather bad week. :sigh: I am incredibly stressed out with one thing and another, but til this week i have managed to stick quite succesfully and not comfort eat:) - which is my MAJOR diet problem. But this week has gone majorly wrong. I am in need of reminding why I dont need crisps and cake and chips and full fat pop etc etc. :rolleyes:
Have still been having my shakes, but skipped lunch one on monday and had a packet of crisps and a breakaway choc bar - which totalled 200 calories, but still not good calories.
Then tuesday I had homemade soup for tea and three slices of bread which was about 400 calories in total, but then topped it off with full fat can of coke, and when dh got home for work he said he didnt want soup so he went to the chippy and brought me home a small portion of chips - which tasted sooooo good! but are sooooo bad....:eek: and the yesterday I was really good, except for one full can of full fat coke - til my lovely friend and neighbour brought round a homemade lemon cake, which I had a slice of....I am racked with guilt and know I am not going to loose weight. :(
I have a lot of stress moneywise and have pmt - but I know if I keep using those excuses to comfort eat i will never loose the weight I need to. I am soooo sorry to rant, but I just needed to get things off my chest....and maybe hear a few inspirational words from my great diet buddies.....sorry but I just feel like the weight of the world has been planted on my shoulders at the minute, and the only pleasure I get is food - but now that is tainted cos I cant even enjoy it, feel too guilty and dreading weigh day on friday, I know if I have put on weight i will be on a huge downer all day. sorry seemed to have waffled some more.
Thanks everyone, if you have managed to read to here I am grateful...

Ahh Claire don't be too hard on yourself! I had a bad day yesterday and actually eating poo made me feel like poo.....lethargic, irritable and quite sick. We all do it or have done it otherwis we wouldn't need to loose weight. Just remind yourself how good you feel when you go to bed having had a good diet day. Put it behind you, it's done now and start afresh today, that's what i've done. If you haven't lost any weight come Fri, just congratulate yourself for not having gained as you will do if you don't get on track today x

Hey Claire,

Do not panic!!!!! A couple of bad days is not the end of the world. If your weigh day is in the next 2 days skip it until the next one if your totally stressed about the weigh in. Jump back on the 2 slimfast 3 100 calorie snacks and 600 calorie dinner and at least 2 litres of water. Get some excercise in...with daylight savings its the perfect time to go for a walk :chores016:
NO FULL FAT NAUGHTY COKE!!!!! :copon: as well as being full of bad calories its bad for your teeth!
Most of all though its OK sometimes we slip up but its important not to give up!!!

Hi,

I have just written you a long reply, full of words of encouragement and saying how we all go through the same thing. Then I pressed the wrong button and it disappeared, probably been sent to my internet bank or something!

The main message was, forget the past, concentrate on today and remember we all have our private battles with the biscuit tin. I have won one already today and had another coffee instead, will have palpitations but will be thin while having them.

i think we all go thru this. and i an really struggling too. just look at ur ticker - you are doing well, just think how great you will feel when its gotto the right. maybe set ur self goals and treat ur self to somethig naughty then?
fill the fridge with diet pop!
you sound like u have been good for some part of the way so at least its not all bad.
today is a new day. keep going.
if you get hungry go for a walk or do something to take ur mind of it!!
keep going!

Claire pet dont be so hard on yourself. As everyone has said we all go through it. My advice is a little different to everyone else's though....

Ive been in the same place as you and to do a diet like this you do need your head in the right place. There is no harm in following ww or sw for a week or 2 until you feel youve got your mojo back. If food at the moment is making you feel better - eat the food but good food. No coke :copon:have diet coke or coke zero instead. Tell hubby how you feel and ask him not mention chipper to you until you get back on your feet.

The main thing is dont be too hard on yourself. Your only human and have a lot going on. Chin up hunney. Were always here to help

Ahh Claire don't be too hard on yourself! I had a bad day yesterday and actually eating poo made me feel like poo.....lethargic, irritable and quite sick. We all do it or have done it otherwis we wouldn't need to loose weight. Just remind yourself how good you feel when you go to bed having had a good diet day. Put it behind you, it's done now and start afresh today, that's what i've done. If you haven't lost any weight come Fri, just congratulate yourself for not having gained as you will do if you don't get on track today x

I will second all of what trying again has said, she said everything i would and in such a great way.

I myself had a whole month off sf so i know just how you feel, i had to give myself some serious talking's to, to get back into it but now that i have i feel so much better.

Good luck with your wi and what ever those scales say/show just put the past away and move onto the future.

oh and we are all ALWAYS here for ur rants, so feel free anytime :)

oh claire, you're words sound so familiar.:sigh:

i'm also struggling at the mo, hubby was made redundant recently and feel like my world is tumbling down!:eek: i'm worrying about anything and everything and its also my totm which is blowing it even more out of proportion:cry:

unfortunately i turn to food when i'm down but then also when i want to celebrate :rotflmao:
its that easy. i can be good for so long and desperatly want to lose my weight but then it all goes tits up:cry:

i guess all we can do is keep on getting back on it knowing that every little helps. sorry for rambling on here when i should be giving you support but just know that you are not alone and it is fine to feel like this, thats what lifes all about :wave_cry:

Claire, it sounds like those words could have come from me this week.
I wonder why we are all struggling at the moment? Things will get better for you, your mind will start to catch up with your weight loss. it's easy to give all your support to someone else and maybe it's not as easy to give it to yourself.
We are all on here because we all recognise we want to change ourselves, and we all know that it is a hard road to take. You asked for help and you realised that comfort eating isn't what you want to do anymore, so that has to be a massive step in the right direction.

Thank you soooo much for your support, you have helped me soo much everyone. I have had a much better day today thank you. I have taken the advice not to weigh in tomorrow, as am gonna have a pretty stressful morning as it is, so dont need the added 'downer' if not lost - plus am PMTing at the minute, and I know I always gain water weight. Thank you all so much, I am so grateful to you allxx

good day one and all. First weigh day for April, lost 2lb this week - which shocked me no end...wasnt gonna weigh as had a fairly bad week, but couldnt resist - and low and behold I have lost 2lb - talk about shocked! - but chuffed, 6 weeks on sf and 8lb gone forever.....and I can fit into my size 12 jeans!!!! how is everyone else getting on??

Woohoo Claire!! Size 12's!! I just fit into my size 12's and isn't the feeling good??
I wore my old size 18 combat trousres to Tesco today and spent the whole time pulling them up. So when I got hime I threw them in the bin. Like you said gone forever!!
Has the 2lb loss brightened your week up a bit?

hi Linda,
hoorah for throwing out your size 18's - that must have felt amazing...good for you hun. I have decided against wearing my size 12's just yet, til I have a better profile in them...still got a muffin top, but 6 weeks ago I had a huge muffin top in my 14's too...so couple more pounds and I will wear them out and about!! lol....
Yeah losing the 2lb was so unexpected that it really has brightened my day and good close to a nasty week. How have you got on today - is today your weigh day?? xx

Hey Claire, i weighed yesterday and I had lost 2 pounds too. My brain hasn't really been in the right place for over a week now. I needed a kick start, so today I went round the shops looking at all the lovely clothes I want to buy when I am at my goal weight. And yes it felt great throwing all them big old clothes out. It was like getting rid of the old me!!

Hi Claire

Have only just read your post - havent been on in a couple days.

Well done on your 2lbs - Im sure that has cheered you up and motivated you even more.

I stayed the same for two weeks - probably cos I had a couple of takeaways and meals out in there. Felt okay about stayng the same tho as I was worried id go backwards on weight loss. Anyway, weighed this morning and have lost 2lbs and am now back on track.

Keep at it girl!!

Back