help please, really not sure!

little angel

i really hope you can help me.

i'm really wanting to start weight watchers but i can't afford to join and do it from home and i'm not able to get to any meetings, but i've found a list of points online - not sure how accurate it is though - and an online food points calculator. i've also worked out i should be having 20 points a day.

i did weight watchers years ago and did really well and if i remember rightly found it quite easy, but this time i'm finding it really hard to work within my points allowance and be getting enough to eat! admittedly this is only my second day but i'm starting to get despondent and at risk of giving up. i know the idea of the weight watchers point system is you can eat what you want as long as you stick within your points, at the moment i'm not able to see that's possible.

i'm not really sure what i'm asking here :confused:

erm......... to start with how many points is a pint of skimmed milk? a pint is roughly what i have a day and i've worked it out at 5 points, is that right?!

and what would be classed as a portion of pasta and how many points would it be?

there may well be more later but that is all i can think of for now.

i'm planning on buying weight watchers mag, will that prove useful?

many thanks in advance :)

According to the WW book, 1/2 a pint of skimmed milk is 1 point so therefore a pint of skimmed milk should be 2 points

Pasta - Any type, small portion, 75g cooked / 20g dried = 1 point
Medium Portion, 150g cooked / 40g dried = 2 points
large portion, 225g cooked / 60g dried = 3 points

Pasta fresh, uncooked portion 100g = 4 points

Hope that helps!

What was advised for me to get was the eating out booklet, shopping guide book and also eat wisely ... all of which can be found on Ebay! :)

Good luck! :)

Back