Help please! Tfr 10 days and struggling this week, want to give up!

lyniG

As the title says really I'm into day 10 of TFR and have lost 11lb in the first week which is brilliant. This week I'm really struggling with food fantasising and the want for food. I ate a slice of cooked carrot last night and it was amazing but I used to hate carrot. I'm in two minds to start refeeding now as I have a night out on the 29th which I have always planned to refeed for as there will be alcohol but then I was going to get back on it. I'm now thinking of refeeding earlier and switching to a different plan that involves food as I'm seriously missing it. Has anyone been in a similar situation and can offer advice?

I done this item 3 years ago and went through exactly what your talking about its does get easier and I found myself baking buns, cakes etc and cooking big family

I found the 2nd and 3rd weeks of LT probably the hardest time. My opinion is that after the euphoria of the huge first weeks loss the reality of the bland diet kicks in and hits you hard. Even more so if you have a lot of weight to lose like I had, the reality of not eating for a long, long time is hard especially as the food cravings are so strong now as your body is fighting against it. If you are anything like me your whole emotions revolve around food. Food is your friend that you celebrate with when you've had some good news, food is your shoulder to cry on if you're having a bad day, food is your stress reliever to help you cope, food is something to do when you're bored, etc etc. Except that's not what food should be in your life, food should simply be fuel to power you body and nothing more.

I'm going to be completely honest here. Are you just kidding yourself that you are going to lose weight another way? Seriously think about it? How many other diets have you tried? Did they work? How did you get to almost 22 stone? LT is hard to begin with but it does work however to be successful you have to stick to the rules 100%. If you are not going to commit yourself then there's really no point. Also the longer you stick with it the easier it will get. I promise you that. I know how hard it feels at the moment, I have been there but if you can stick it out for another 2 weeks you will be amazed at how easy is it to do and the weight will be dropping off. How determined are you to lose weight? How much do you really want to?

That brings me to my final point. I think you are mad to think of refeeding so soon after starting and then to have to start all over again. That will make it so much harder for you. It will just be getting easy and then you'll stop. Do you really need to drink on the 29th? If you're with people and you don't want to mention you're on LT you could use the excuse that you're on antibiotics. I suppose in the end it all boils down to how much you want to lose your weight? Best wishes to you on your decision. There will be plenty of support for you on this forum if you decide to carry on.

I would tend to agree with busy mum... Remind yourself why you started this journey and think of the end result!! Xx

Busy Mum, you are such an inspiration! Everytime I feel weak I check out your stats and think ' she did it, it can be done, I can do it!'.
lyniG, think about what busy mum said definitely. It does get easier after a few weeks and it really helps if you stay busy so you aren't constantly thinking about food. It probably isn't very healthy if you start this diet and then refeed so quickly just to start over again. Plus it's really hard!
There are some VLCDs out there that have some food packets so if you're finding it too hard then you may want to switch to one of those. It's really up to you in the end and what works for you.

I found the 2nd and 3rd weeks of LT probably the hardest time. My opinion is that after the euphoria of the huge first weeks loss the reality of the bland diet kicks in and hits you hard. Even more so if you have a lot of weight to lose like I had, the reality of not eating for a long, long time is hard especially as the food cravings are so strong now as your body is fighting against it. If you are anything like me your whole emotions revolve around food. Food is your friend that you celebrate with when you've had some good news, food is your shoulder to cry on if you're having a bad day, food is your stress reliever to help you cope, food is something to do when you're bored, etc etc. Except that's not what food should be in your life, food should simply be fuel to power you body and nothing more.

I'm going to be completely honest here. Are you just kidding yourself that you are going to lose weight another way? Seriously think about it? How many other diets have you tried? Did they work? How did you get to almost 22 stone? LT is hard to begin with but it does work however to be successful you have to stick to the rules 100%. If you are not going to commit yourself then there's really no point. Also the longer you stick with it the easier it will get. I promise you that. I know how hard it feels at the moment, I have been there but if you can stick it out for another 2 weeks you will be amazed at how easy is it to do and the weight will be dropping off. How determined are you to lose weight? How much do you really want to?

That brings me to my final point. I think you are mad to think of refeeding so soon after starting and then to have to start all over again. That will make it so much harder for you. It will just be getting easy and then you'll stop. Do you really need to drink on the 29th? If you're with people and you don't want to mention you're on LT you could use the excuse that you're on antibiotics. I suppose in the end it all boils down to how much you want to lose your weight? Best wishes to you on your decision. There will be plenty of support for you on this forum if you decide to carry on.

Waow! Busy Mum you have completely made me re-think me decision to order a chinese tonight... i am on day 6 and i feel so sore in my tummy and ALL i can think and dream about is a chinese.... i av started 19st 9lbs on monday and had to get weighed early due to being away for work this monday... i found out today i lost 10lbs in my first week which is just amazing for me but since this ALL i can think about is treating myself to a take away as a well done :'( any advise would really help. Thanks
emma-lou

Ooo I know what you mean about wanting to treat yourself, I did that before, but it's SO easy to start eating other foods once you break the diet. Drink water, tea, coffee - liquids fill you up. Think about if you're REALLY hungry or just the thought of food makes you want to eat. For me it can be the smell and I struggle but it helps if I walk into another room or outside so I don't smell it. Sometimes buying something non-food and that would be a treat may help, depends on why you feel the urge to eat. Also, going to be early seems to be a remedy for lots during the first week or so. Remember your goals, eating will make them harder to attain

Waow! Busy Mum you have completely made me re-think me decision to order a chinese tonight... i am on day 6 and i feel so sore in my tummy and ALL i can think and dream about is a chinese.... i av started 19st 9lbs on monday and had to get weighed early due to being away for work this monday... i found out today i lost 10lbs in my first week which is just amazing for me but since this ALL i can think about is treating myself to a take away as a well done :'( any advise would really help. Thanks
emma-lou

I can totally relate to this. Our whole life is based around food which is why when you are proud of yourself for losing 10lbs your first thought is I deserve a treat for this and you do BUT for us our treats are always food! Like I said in my post my whole life was food. Treat - food. Stressed - food. Bored - food. Sad - food. Disappointed -food. Celebrating - food. This is what I'm trying to break. I think I'm addicted to food and like any addict abstinance is the only way I can break this, which is why I'm hoping this diet where no food is allowed is the way I finally have a chance to beat this.

Well done for your first weeks loss, 10lbs that fantastic! You've now jumped straight from the 19 stone bracket into the 18 stone bracket. Don't go back. You do deserve a treat for sticking with this for 6 days. If you haven't already make time for yourself tomorrow to get a treat, a new lipstick, a pair of earings, a new bag or purse, anything that will make you feel good. The next couple of weeks will be tough going but you can do it. Stick with this and it will be worth it.

To help me stay motivated at the moment I'm having a countdown to the summer holidays. My motivation for starting this diet was the miserable summer holidays I had last year with my children. At 24st 7lbs I was too big to do anything! I promised myself this year would be different. There are 38 days to go until the holidays start and I have got a chart up in the kitchen to remind me. Every day we knock off another day. Whenever I'm feeling down or tempted I remind myself why I'm doing this. I talk to myself all the time! and at the moment my mantra is 'No Regrets!' When the school holidays start I will have lost the maximum weight possible in the time I had and I will have no regrets. Best wishes to you for your second week. Keep posting and you will get plenty of support.

I can totally relate to this. Our whole life is based around food which is why when you are proud of yourself for losing 10lbs your first thought is I deserve a treat for this and you do BUT for us our treats are always food! Like I said in my post my whole life was food. Treat - food. Stressed - food. Bored - food. Sad - food. Disappointed -food. Celebrating - food. This is what I'm trying to break. I think I'm addicted to food and like any addict abstinance is the only way I can break this, which is why I'm hoping this diet where no food is allowed is the way I finally have a chance to beat this.

Well done for your first weeks loss, 10lbs that fantastic! You've now jumped straight from the 19 stone bracket into the 18 stone bracket. Don't go back. You do deserve a treat for sticking with this for 6 days. If you haven't already make time for yourself tomorrow to get a treat, a new lipstick, a pair of earings, a new bag or purse, anything that will make you feel good. The next couple of weeks will be tough going but you can do it. Stick with this and it will be worth it.

To help me stay motivated at the moment I'm having a countdown to the summer holidays. My motivation for starting this diet was the miserable summer holidays I had last year with my children. At 24st 7lbs I was too big to do anything! I promised myself this year would be different. There are 38 days to go until the holidays start and I have got a chart up in the kitchen to remind me. Every day we knock off another day. Whenever I'm feeling down or tempted I remind myself why I'm doing this. I talk to myself all the time! and at the moment my mantra is 'No Regrets!' When the school holidays start I will have lost the maximum weight possible in the time I had and I will have no regrets. Best wishes to you for your second week. Keep posting and you will get plenty of support.

Busy Mum and Deepwaters5... Thank you soo much :) i joined this site on day 1 and u guys r my first reply on day 7 :) and it couldnt have come at a better time either. I am soo grateful for your inspirational stories and ideas :) I will try all of them! I went today and printed a picture of myself at my worst and placed it on the cookie cupboard and on the fridge and YEA It makes me feel like s**t to Look at it BUT it makes me go into the train of thought and motivation that i need :). I am hard on myself for the wrong reasons. Due to people who av hurt me all my life but the past few days I've realised why should I give anyone the satisfaction of giving up. I am doing this for me for now on. No one else. AND because I want to improve my chances of having a baby which i know.can be very difficult for woman with PCOS and obesity
:(.... but hey ... here comes a new me :)....
Day7: i have noticed I have soo much more enegry for instance i ran up the stairs all day today doin washing, cleaning, just simple things. But before i would get my partener to do it. Without even askin him now i am actually RUNNING up the stairs without getting out of breath :) i know it might sound silly and i know its just early days but i can feel a new me already and I LOVE IT :)))))

Emma-Lou

It's not silly at all. It is the new you! It's the smaller things you notice at first that are just easier to do now you have lost some weight. I always remember putting on socks was one of the first things I noticed as I was losing weight because it was so much easier to do than it had been! Every lb you lose can only be better for your body and you. Keep finding the strength to get through the tough days because the good days when you feel great will become more and more frequent as your weight comes down. You are doing great!

Thank you for the support but I did make excuses and came off Lipotrim after speaking to the pharmacist. My baby has severe silent reflux and is not sleeping and my toddler is having night terrors and you guessed it I turn to food for everything BUT even my 10/11 days on Lipotrim have taught me not to turn to food and to be aware of things more and I've lost 6lb this week. I'm going to do my upmost to watch what I'm eating until I can get my head into a better place and give it a 100%. thank you for advice and I definitely know where to come when I am in it for the long haul.

Back