Extra Easy help please

chelly42

hi i wd appreciate some advice,
any ideas how/what to eat as superfree part of each meal on an average day

eg... spag bol, pasta and ????

chilli, rice and ???

You can add lots of veg to both these meals. Try adding mushrooms, tin toms, passata, carrot, onion, courgette, peppers even thought they all added to the mince/qorn mix they still count as superfree.

Enjoy

Grated carrots are good in spag Bol - very meaty. I tend to just add my favourite veg to every meal (cabbage, broccoli etc) or even in mix it into mash - we do cauliflower & potato mash and it's so creamy you don't need ti add marg so no syns. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I second the cauliflower mash, or adding swede to mash is good too. I do cauliflower rice sometimes too. Just grate the cauliflower and microwave for 4 minutes. It has a similar texture to rice but is superfree.

Hubby adds grated carrot, beansprouts, yellow, red and green peppers, tinned tomatoes, passata, red and white onions, spring onions, sweetcorn and peas (those two are only free not super free) to either of those, then adds kidney beans or baked beans since they are speed foods. We are a little restricted on the veg we can use in meals because our oldest is super picky, but he eats those even if it is while scowling at us. We have also added a small salad to the plate (lettuce, cucumber, white cabbage, carrots etc) if we were trying to make it go further. Hugs Crystal xx

Unless your bolognaise sauce is entirely meat, then you already have some superfree in there - onions, tomatoes, maybe?

You could add all sorts of other vegetables to the sauce. Or you could have a big side salad.

Back