Help please

Lfc

Am on day 2 of my cd and wow the pain today is awful. Is this normal?
I suffer from ibs too. But around 130 I got a awful pain in my tummy and it as swollen and I just keep been sick :(. I feel like someone is sticking a knife in my left side and turning it over and over.
Not sure if this is normal ready for ketosis. And my consultant away till Monday

Hello there. does not sound like a good idea to follow this diet. no diet should cause you ant pain.take some mint tea or something like that. if it carrys on , go to your dr.or you could try half a teaspoon of bicarb soda in half a glass of warm water that might help. Lesley

Lesley Underwood said:
Hello there. does not sound like a good idea to follow this diet. no diet should cause you ant pain.take some mint tea or something like that. if it carrys on , go to your dr.or you could try half a teaspoon of bicarb soda in half a glass of warm water that might help. Lesley

I'm sorry but why would you assume it's the diet that's causing this? These diets are incredibly safe and healthy.

Lfc said:
Am on day 2 of my cd and wow the pain today is awful. Is this normal?
I suffer from ibs too. But around 130 I got a awful pain in my tummy and it as swollen and I just keep been sick :(. I feel like someone is sticking a knife in my left side and turning it over and over.
Not sure if this is normal ready for ketosis. And my consultant away till Monday

It's not a normal side effect no. The danger when people are on these VLCDs is they tend to blame the diet fir every ailment. Have you tried maybe phoning another CDC and explaining the situation, see what they say?

Does it sound like it could be an ibs flare up?

I also have IBS and for the first few days I had the runs and cramps. I have medication for my IBS and when I took the antispasmodic it was grand. I find week 2 pain free and my tummy feels much better then it did before

Hope this helps
MAjella

Well after a night in hospital and sit here waiting to go home it turns out I have got a gastro bug, dr as made me eat a slice of toast at breakfast result kept it down, but before I am allowed home I have got to have lunch and keep it down too , He says he recommends I go back to the shakes tomorrow but take a light meal too,,,,, Can't believe this has happened on my first week

Sorry to hear that, hope you feel better soon!

oh how annoying for you! maybe do SS+ for the rest of the week, as then you'll be sticking to the diet but also having a light meal as the doc said.

Back