Extra Easy Help please :-)

Hiya, I used to go to Slimming world and i stopped going and decided to go to the gym
Instead. However, ive put on 8Ibs since last April and its just creeping up. So i started Slimming world again but not in a group. I started doing it again yesterday.

When i was in the group, she said i can have up to 15 syns a day, and if i dont have them syns i can carry them over everyday until it resets again the next week.

Is this right?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yep that's right - I would still have a minimum of five a day though :)

As I understand it , it works out that you are allowed 105 syns per week, so if you know you are going out at the weekend you can save them up for that xx

Mrs Pepperpot said:
As I understand it , it works out that you are allowed 105 syns per week, so if you know you are going out at the weekend you can save them up for that xx

Sorry, but that's not what SW advocate. By using Syns weekly you can still binge on food, which they can't & won't encourage.

Of course people still do it, but it's not the way the plan is supposed to work.

SW consultants say they highly advice you not to do this. but its up to you x

OK thanks guys. I think ill stock to some meal plans in the magazines as i did before. :) i was just confused because my consultant said you can save all your points up through the week and use them the weekend. I think ill just try not to have many syns if i can help it.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

A binge every couple of weeks should be ok. But I wouldn't practice it every week!

PatchworkPuss said:
Actually it says on the SW website that you can save your syns if you want to. But I do agree it's not a good idea to use them all for a syn binge on a day or two :)

Where did u see this patchwork? I had a look a couple of weeks ago & found an article which specifically said they don't encourage you to save syns! Of course knowing SW its very likely they would contradict themselves!

Fightingflab said:
A binge every couple of weeks should be ok. But I wouldn't practice it every week!

And i'm sorry, but i which universe is a binge every couple of weeks acceptable? In fact, when is a binge ever okay? This is exactly the behaviour you are trying to change.

I'm doing WW now but I did do SW last year and I tended to use my syns daily rather than weekly and I started at a higher level say 10-15 so that as I lost weight I would have something to cut back on. My consultant back then did say that you could use your syns weekly but that she didn't advocate it for the precise reasons above, it might encourage binge eating but at the end of the day its up to you. Good luck.

And i'm sorry, but i which universe is a binge every couple of weeks acceptable? In fact, when is a binge ever okay? This is exactly the behaviour you are trying to change.

You can be sorry all you want but the fact is there are days in out lives that it will not be possible to run the program perfectly.

I have two weddings this year.

I plan on drinking and what am I to do, ring the chef in advance and tell him I am on slimming world, can he change the menu to suit me. Or maybe I could bring my own dinner with me for the occasion and ask them to heat it up:rolleyes:

I will save my syns for the week and then use them in one go to enjoy the weddings ie binging.

Fightingflab said:
You can be sorry all you want but the fact is there are days in out lives that it will not be possible to run the program perfectly.

I have two weddings this year.

I plan on drinking and what am I to do, ring the chef in advance and tell him I am on slimming world, can he change the menu to suit me. Or maybe I could bring my own dinner with me for the occasion and ask them to heat it up:rolleyes:

I will save my syns for the week and then use them in one go to enjoy the weddings ie binging.

Really not sure why the sarcasm is needed, but it seems to be the way on here now. Such a shame.

There is a massive diference between going to a wedding and eating what everyone else eats and binging every couple of weeks. Binge eating is a disorder just like anorexia or bulimia. You do not know anything about the person who asked the question about saving syns. She could be the kind of person who properly binge eats - you just told her that was okay, when it is clearly not. It doesn't matter if you meant a proper binge, or use 70 syns in one sitting - its how its read by other people.

What you consider to be a binge could be completely different to what someone else considers a binge to be.

Oh, and whilst you may not phone the chef before going to a resraurant there is no reason why you can't ask for stuff to be cooked in a specific way or without butter etc to limit the damage.

Hiya, I used to go to Slimming world and i stopped going and decided to go to the gym Instead.

Doing exercise alone isn't enough to substitute a healthy diet. You could exercise hours & hours a day but if you're not eating well it won't do you much good.

Well done for getting back into SW. I was always advised to eat 5-15 a day, I was never advised to carry any over if I didn't use them. Some find it easier to use them over a week, personally I stick to my daily allowance. Maybe aim for 10 a day if you're worried?

Sorry, but that's not what SW advocate. By using Syns weekly you can still binge on food, which they can't & won't encourage.

Of course people still do it, but it's not the way the plan is supposed to work.
that's what our consultant says but I guess it's up to the individual x

As someone whose joined sw to stop my bingeing rather than lose a lot of weight (a bit would be nice). I think the daily syns are a better idea. Each to their own obviously but I think weekly syns might be less effective :)

Really not sure why the sarcasm is needed, but it seems to be the way on here now. Such a shame.

There is a massive diference between going to a wedding and eating what everyone else eats and binging every couple of weeks. Binge eating is a disorder just like anorexia or bulimia. You do not know anything about the person who asked the question about saving syns. She could be the kind of person who properly binge eats - you just told her that was okay, when it is clearly not. It doesn't matter if you meant a proper binge, or use 70 syns in one sitting - its how its read by other people.

What you consider to be a binge could be completely different to what someone else considers a binge to be.

Oh, and whilst you may not phone the chef before going to a resraurant there is no reason why you can't ask for stuff to be cooked in a specific way or without butter etc to limit the damage.

Both weddings are set menus for over 100 people as is traditional where I come from. So no options and mass produced food. And I would rather not be the awkward guest.

My sarcasm was directed at your rudeness.

"in what universe"

Perhaps your smart comments are receiving sarcastic comments!

Back