help please!

raverminx

me and my partner are both just started week 2 of induction. We both eat the same, well almost! But he has lost 7lb, and is in deep ketosis, wheres ive only lost 4lb and have been kicked out of ketosis :(

The only difference between us is that im on antidepressants (which have not caused any trouble with me loosing weight before) and i also take valium on a daily basis.
I also did slightly cheat on friday and a single vodka, lime and soda water.

Im confused whats kicked me out of the ketosis, the vodka on friday, the meds? i just dont know!

any replies would be great please

First of all well done so far:). Secondly get used to men losing more, faster and more easily - so unfair!

Finally 3 poss re ketosis
- citric acid in fresh lime does impact some people
- sugar if lime cordial
If you do fancy a drink try either rum and soda or very dry wine
- minor impact on actual ketosis - testing strips notoriously unreliable!

Good luck

How do you know you're not in ketosis? Ketostix are notoriously unreliable. You don't just lose ketones through urine, you lose them on your breath and through perspiration. If you'd just drunk a lot of water before testing, the amount of ketones in your urine might have been too dilute to show up.

There's no such thing as deep ketosis by the way. You're either in ketosis or you aren't. Any shade of pink is ketosis (and sometimes, even beige). Don't worry about ketosis - worry about sticking to low carb foods.

Boo ... men always loose faster than women .. it is SO annoying !!! My boyfriend is the same, always loses 10lb for every 5lb I do. I am on SSRI antidepressants and so far I am doing great - but my weight loss is much slower than Matts. I am afraid it is one of the naff things about being a woman .. keep at it !

thanks for all the replies, i feel much better now!
ive got the bf to hide the scales as i had became obsessed with weighing myself each morning!
the ketostix are being hid too since they just upset me lol!
i think im in ketosis, dry mouth, always thirsty and appetite greatly reduced!

Back