Help please

Lizwhite29

Gold Member
Hi all,

This is my first post. I started the Cambridge diet on weds as I need to lose weight quicky for my holiday. The is my first time on any meal replacement diet and I was so determined, and still am. However day 2, 3 and 4 (today) I have felt so ill, so tired, drained to the point that my muscles ached when I walked and headaches. I have to commute into London for my job so I'm out the house for over 12 hours aday and just can't handle feeling like this, I feel so low. About an hour ago I ate about half a chicken breast and some crisps as I thought it would make me better. Have I completely ruined the diet and can anyone help me as I thought I'd start to feel better after 3-4 days but haven't so does this mean my body wasn't in ketosis and will I have to go back through the whole process again or is what I have eaten just goin to set me back a little?

heya Liz ..the crisps you could have done without realy tbh hun , they are carbs and fat and no real nutritional value!....if you need to eat something stick with things like the chicken or meat/ fish from the SS+ list
Are you doing sole source?...that never agreed with me I just felt a bit more dead everyday.... maybe it would be an idea to have the small SS+ meal everyday...you wont lose much less weight if any.
Drink plenty of water and maybe try and get out and have a walk to burn the carbs off , you will still lose when you get weighed x

I agree. Worst thing to do is think ahh stuff it iv ruined it now! So just start again tomorrow. Good luck x

Thx both for the reply's. I am on ss and just felt so bad. I had that food and to be honest it wasnt that much and that's it I'm straight back on it. If I feel like that again I will have the foods from ss+ list. I just hope I still lose weight.

Do you know if I would have come completely out of ketosis and if it will be as hard to get back in? X

You prob weren't in ketosis if u felt like that. Everyone's body is different.. Day 5 was my Killer and on day 6/7 still not 100% ketosis but it's worth it once u get there. Everyone's right, first week is a killer but if u persist next time after a week I'm sure you'd feel more sprightly :) there's always a new day & start!!

Thx for the reply. Just a quick question if I wasnt in ketosis will I still have lost weight? Also will it take as long and be as bad for me to get into ketosis just for eating that some amount of food? I actually feel a lot better today.

Back