Induction help please

Emmamc1

Hi everyone im Emma im a newbie, I'm on day seven of the induction, I'm am losing weight I've lost 9 pounds so far, but I bought diastix and tried a few and they were negative which means I'm must not be in ketosis, so can I NOT be in ketosis and still be losing weight, thankyou x

Don't worry about the ketostix - for some people they just don't work at all and if you've been drinking lots of water they also may not show a result. You've had an amazing loss and the diets working for you - ketostix are mainly do people who aren't losing have a way of checking if they might have eaten too many carbs.

Test only once a day, maximum, first thing in the morning after you wake.

But don't sweat it if they just don't show a result for you, it can happen. Well done on the first weeks loss! It will probably naturally slow now but stay on plan and you'll stay losing, good luck!

Hi and thankyou, i feel better now ha, and yes ive been drinking at least 3lts a day so maybe its that, thanks again

Can I just add that, from my understanding, ketones are a fuel that our body creates to use. For most people, at first, your body isn't very efficient at burning them, so some are excreted out in the urine/ breath etc, but as your body gets more adapted to this way of life, you should become more efficient at using them as fuel. So a lot of people find their bad breath diminishes and ketostix stop showing a colour change. It doesn't apply to everyone and doesn't mean you're not in ketosis.

Personally, I now eat around 50g carbs a day and have no idea whether I'm in ketosis. Probably because I'm rarely hungry and am full of energy and losing weight. But I don't have any other signs (thank god! I don't need the smelly breath!)

Haha I wouldn't want smelly breath either ha, I'm not showing any signs of ketosis but I am losing weight so its working, thanks for advice

One way I know I'm in ketosis is by the smell, my skin has a weird smell to it, not like BO but a sweet, chemically smell. It's weird!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

AnnieAnnie said:
I know by loss of appetite & taste of metal in my mouth.

Same here....!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I have had the metal taste, didn't know that was a sign of ketosis ha, thanks

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Back