help please?

mils

I restarted CD today and have not yet gone to see my CDC as I had some packs leftover from last time.

I was wondering if someonecould explain the new principles of Sole Source as I'm a bit confused....

I know there is a sticky with some info but wanted confirmation that my understanding of the plan is correct.

Is it correct that I can do SS for 12 weeks withough having an AAM week?

After the 12 weeks what do I do then?

If I'm at BMI 25 plus 1 stone do I have to stop SS or can I continue to goal weight?

thanks in advance for your help.
x

Ok hun, here goes.....

If you have done CD before and are restarting most CDCs will let you carry on using the old principle. However the new Sole Source + principles are as follows.....

If you used to be on 3 packs a day, you can choose now from 3 packs plus a 200kcal meal on green and white principle of Add a Meal OR you can have 3 packs plus 1 extra pack (so 4 packs now) and 200ml skimmed milk.

AAM as a principle if you follow SS+ no longer exists but you can only do it for 12 weeks before having a week on (i think it is) 790. This is due to new regulations on VLCDs.

However the old SS plan is ok'd by most CDCs if you have done it before and want to continue in the old way :)

Hope this helps! xx

Sorry to hijack the thread here but can someone please explain what the new regulations on VLCD's are?

I'm doing LT and people often stay on the 425 calorie plan for months at a time, is this unsafe then?

No, they don't need to know unless you have pre-existing health conditions that would require their permission to start the diet. :)

Back