Help please :(

chubbymum

I find i work best at things if I have a goal if that makes sense. I appreciate that this diet comes with the penultimate goal, but my impatience is getitng the better of me and i really want some food to much on..

All i can crave is a lush prawn salad with loads of peppers mmm hahaha

Right, hypothetically.. :break_diet:.... if say in 4 weeks time i had ONE meal, i dont want to do add a meal. i literally want one meal; then straight back onto SS would it do THAT much damage.

I just want to say to my self if you complete x more weeks you can have a little treat?

Im not giving up by any means, ive been on SS 2 weeks tomorrow exlcusively, (if you disregard the bottle of wine ;) ) haha and according to my scales this morning im down to 16st3 i was 17st12 2 weeks ago...

So that is keeping me going but that extra bit of "reward" mentality woul really benefit me im thinking.

Would i totally fluff it up? or would it not make THAT much difference?

I can only talk from experience - while having a treat seems like good motivation I actually found that the minute I started adding a little treat one week it became far to easy when the scales didnt show any bad effects that I could convince myself it would be ok again.

Im not saying u don't deserve a treat but I think it is far easier to keep going without deviating.

But thats just my personal experience

nikki x

It probably wouldn't have a huge effect on weightloss. But it could put you on the slippery slope of binging. I've had a few odd days off & could easily get back on plan the next day (not inc christmas whih was a nightmare). But doing this does mean it will take you longer to lose the weight. You will knock yourself out of ketosis & that takes a few days to get back into.
Now if you "treated" yourself to a meal once month & it was a no carb meal then it would be better as you wouldn't be knocked out of ketosis.

I find i work best at things if I have a goal if that makes sense. I appreciate that this diet comes with the penultimate goal, but my impatience is getitng the better of me and i really want some food to much on..

All i can crave is a lush prawn salad with loads of peppers mmm hahaha

Right, hypothetically.. :break_diet:.... if say in 4 weeks time i had ONE meal, i dont want to do add a meal. i literally want one meal; then straight back onto SS would it do THAT much damage.

I just want to say to my self if you complete x more weeks you can have a little treat?

Im not giving up by any means, ive been on SS 2 weeks tomorrow exlcusively, (if you disregard the bottle of wine ;) ) haha and according to my scales this morning im down to 16st3 i was 17st12 2 weeks ago...

So that is keeping me going but that extra bit of "reward" mentality woul really benefit me im thinking.

Would i totally fluff it up? or would it not make THAT much difference?

Hi :)

I can only speak from my experience here and I am on my 4th restart with CD. IMO, I needed to get away from thinking of food as a "treat" and definitely not using it as a mini goal. I had to choose other goals that were nothing to do with food/drink or I knew it would wreck all my hard work and effort so far this time.

I don't personally think it's about how much damage you would do with the numbers on the scales, more the fact of what it does to you mentally, your mind set and your motivation. It is REALLY hard to get back on the wagon after a break. Not impossible, but hard.

I'm sorry if you were hoping for me to say it's ok to have one meal as a treat:eek:, but I don't feel that is what I can say based on my own experiences with a VLCD.

Have you thought about writing down different mini goals that don't include food? It can be really helpful and a good distraction to keep you focused at this early stage.

I wish you well in whatever you decide to do,

Lacey..xx :)

When I've done CD in the past the slippery slope always began by me viewing food as a treat. This time I'm trying to give myself non food treats to aim for (like a new skirt in a smaller size, etc)

This is just me, the prawns to look forward to may work for you!

Good luck with whatever you decide

xx

Hi
Treat yourself to some new clothes a size or two smaller them enmjoy the wonderful feeling of trying them on and they wil fit
Im trying to stay on VLCD 100% for the duration as I know if I have treats they could become too regular
Im buying myself an expensive cycling top a size smaller. Im saving money on takeaways and booze every night so I cant wait till it comes and hopefully in a few weeks time it will fit me and then I can sell all my old biking stuff on ebay
Good luck
Cheers
James

If you were going to eat I don't think the items you've mentioned above would do much damage to the physical side of the diet but you may find it harder mentally. One little "treat" often become two, becomes three and before you know it you're back to square one.
You're just completing week 2 which I found much harder than week 1, especially around day 10, could have sold my granny for something as simple as a sarnie. But once I got through that nothing could have made put anything other than the shakes to my lips as all I wanted was another couple of pounds off. Once you've got to those 4 weeks and lost probably another stone (great first week loss by the way) you'll hopefully be feeling the same way I did.
There's nothing wrong with having a treat but as others have said go for something non food related like a new outfit, shoes, bag, facial, manicure, whatever.xx

this is pretty much my answer everytime goals come up but...

SHOES!!!

shoes are a great goal. or put money away and if you have had 4 weeks on CD, you can then have that money to go and get you something fab.

i used to think it wouldnt be bad having food as a treat, but as the others have rightly said, its the mental attitude towards food that is the most damaging instead of the actual food itself

try to think of something else..
day out
clothes
SHOES!!
spa treatment.

im sure there are LOADS more.
and you feel better after them!

I think they're all great ideas.. my main goal is to have lost the weight I want before my first holiday for this year..

But on the treating side, I want to buy something for my holiday for every time I loose a stone.

Then by the time I'm done, I'll have my bikins and glasses, weight off and wont have to run round primark panicing a day before!! ;)

xxxx

I had it in my head in the 1st week that I would have a 'treat' on my weigh in day. When it got to it though, I didn't actually want to spoil the hard work I'd done.
I am heading in to my week 3 weigh in and not a morsel of food has passed my lips. The reward is the loss of pounds and inches.
Don't do it! I agree with everyone else who said it's not good to think of food as a treat.

Definitely go for non food treats.

You only have to look at the number of people still trying to restart (good luck stick with it xx) after their planned "one" day/meal off at Christmas to see what a slippery slope it can be.

i bought myself a bunch of flowers last wk went I reached the 100 lbs loss mark. They are beautiful.

Congrats on asking the question first and not coming on later being worried about ketosis or messing up the work you have done so far. It is good to plan and think things through to determine the best course of action. As many have said, it is not a good idea. If you "need" the food maybe think of stepping up so you can "legally" have food.
edi

Back