Help Please

NewBody

Hi Folks just wondering if someone can answer a few questions for me please.
I've been doing CS for 4 days now and seem to have put on 2lbs!!!:confused:
I'm having shakes/soups, snacks and a low carb meal.
I'm also drinking 2 - 3 litres of water everyday. this is a bit of a problem for me as I hate plain water, i actually wretch when drinking it so I have been drinking flavoured water with no problem, but could this be a hinderance to losing weight??? :confused:

I'm also feeling alittle constipated! :eek:

no smelly breath...BUT have had a headache for 2days!!

The thing is I am drinking lots more fluids, eating much more regular on this CS, I normally only eat once a day very late,and have a couple of brews and glasses of wine, and a few stodgey snacks so this is a huge improvement to my diet so I'm alittle confused as to why i've put on 2lbs in 4 days!?:confused:

I've put this weight on as I have given up smoking (New Years Resolution, and I couldn't handle the abuse from my Hubby & kids to give up anymore LOL )
I currently weigh 10st 9lb, and would like to lose 1 1/2 to 2st to get back to a weight befitting my height and body frame.
I'm no yoyo dieter btw i've only dieted twice b4 after having my kids.

Thanks in advance folks for any replies. xxx :)

Last edited:
Forgot to say I'm also very hungry ALL the time !!
I'm using water & snacks to fill me up best i can but finding it very hard at the moment due to feeling famished all the time!!
Hoping it gets easier as i'm really desperate to lose the weight!
Trying my best to 'THINK' slim !! LOL LOL

Last edited:
I remember when i first started CS i kept doing sneaky weigh ins and after 3 days had put on 2 lb and thought oh **** what have i done wrong.. then for some reason i stepped on the scales on weigh in day and had lost 9!!

Give it till weigh in day trust me :)

What is your daily eating routine like, for example is it

Shake
small snack e.g. 2 slices of ham or an apple
Shake
small snack again
low carb medium sized dinner, 1/4 meat 3/4 veggies
then half a cup of berries or an apple etc

thats what my routine used to be like an i managed to lose quite a bit in my 4 weeks on it

i would give it until the end of the week though, then if you have still put weight on i would think maybe its due to the constipation and would suggest buying the CS fibre to add in the shakes or maybe are you near TOTM or ovulation? :)

keep us updated and dont give up xx

Thanks Rae for your reply. My day has been like this :

Shake
Snack (apple)
shake or soup
Snack (slice of ham)
Meal - Fish, chicken with salad or veg.
Snack 30g cashews or similar allowed snack
Plus 2litres of flavoured water

I didnt eat processed rubbish b4 tho, i've always cook fresh veg, made my own chilli con carne, spag bols etc. Never processed meals. My hubby and kids wont eat processed stuff anyways they hate it, maybe there spoiled! lol :D

Took Ducolax last night so constipation no longer an issue this morning!
:giggle:
But I just dont feel one ounce slimmer!!
I think I may be coming OBSESSED!!! :rotflmao:

Last edited:
Thanks Rae for your reply. My day has been like this :

Shake
Snack (apple)
shake or soup
Snack (slice of ham)
Meal - Fish, chicken with salad or veg.
Snack 30g cashews or similar allowed snack
Plus 2litres of flavoured water

I didnt eat processed rubbish b4 tho, i've always cook fresh veg, made my own chilli con carne, spag bols etc. Never processed meals. My hubby and kids wont eat processed stuff anyways they hate it, maybe there spoiled! lol :D

Took Ducolax last night so constipation no longer an issue this morning!
:giggle:
But I just dont feel one ounce slimmer!!
I think I may be coming OBSESSED!!! :rotflmao:

Hmm sounds fairly ok! I had bad constipation the first 2 weeks and had a fair few dulcolax tabs but it started to regulate itself after a bit. Bear in mind this is only the first week so you shouldnt feel much slimmer, i only started feeling a bit smaller by week 4! :) Dont give up on it just keep it up for a couple of weeks and if you have no luck with it, maybe CS isnt for you :) i mean i tried WW, SW and RC and never lost an ounce but once i tried CS the weight flew off.

Don't take it to the extreme though, keep your cals up as you dont want your body going into starvation mode and clinging onto the fat :)

Only one point, are you drinking only flavoured water or 2-3litres of plain water AND the flavoured too?

xx

Hi Rae

I've been drinking 2-3 litres of flavoured water.
But been doing my very best with tap water today! Yuk !! :(

Thanks for the moral Chick.
I no i'm being impatient and silly, i'm not
normally so, its just once i've said diet to myself i've become obsessed and want immediate results.
Cant stop thinking about nice sweet things!! Oooooo nice choc, Strawberry Bon Bons, lovely sticky Asda Yum Yums.......... :gimi: :rotflmao:

sorry to but in:p raes given you perfect advice but you should really try to drink plain water...flavoured ones have citric acid in them which can slow down weightloss.

they are okay in moderation tho.

at the start i absolutely hated plain water but its all i drink now!

Its the pure water that speeds up your metabolism to kick start the weight loss unfortunately.. you could try adding some fresh lime or lemon to it.

A lot of flavoured water is a bit sugary and therefore carby, i know you wouldnt think it did have it in but some makes do have quite a bit in per 100.

TRY to drink maybe 1.5ltrs instead of the 2-3 and then treat yourself with one can of diet coke or the flavoured water :)

The only problem with what your doing is your water, everything else is perfect.

:thankyou: Guys for yr help. Yr very sweet.
This forum seems like a very nice place, lovely peeps willing to give their time to help others just when they really need it!:grouphugg:
It means alot Thanks. xxx

P.s I've actually managed 1.5 litres of Spring water today. :clap:

BUT earlier I couldnt resist a bite of good old Blackpool Rock !!! :eek:
Needed a sweet fix !! LOL

Aww thankyou, we all do try and troop together to make this a lovely place.

Well done for the 1.5litres :happy096:

Dont worry about the blackpool rock omgosh i haven't had that in yearsssss.

If you want something sweet to nibble on when you have niggly cravings or TOTM try atkins endulge choccie bars, they have caramel ones or nutty ones and just plain milk choccy/white choccy or dark, and theyre FAB taste heavenly! They have lotsa different atkins bars on Atkins Product, bar | Low Carb Megastore, Carbohydrate Diet, shopping, chocolate, diet, food

xx

Back