HELP, possible weekend away!

lucylupin

My husband had just phoned and said did i want to go away camping this weekend with some friends, i dont want to go, as i have my mum and dad coming on saturday and my best friend coming on sunday (who i only get to see every 4/5 weeks), though he didnt know this cos they only phoned up this morning.
I had a really bad WI yesterday and am determined to have a good week, i am worried about what food there will be there.
My husband wants to go and the kids will as well when they find out so i cant be selfish, but what food can i take?
We have been camping before and i have caved and eaten some of their food even though i have some of my own:(
Please help i am panicking already

Why don't you barbeque and take your own home made burgers,low fat sausages, steak etc?
Do you have fridge facilities? You could take salad with you or buy a bag there maybe?
Take fruit, cereal bars, mugshots (if you like them) and other free foods.
It can be done, plan plan plan!

Take a disposable BBQ, and then some sin-free treats to sling on the top there. My sister just camped at a festival and managed to stick to the plan through taking some sin-free tins, pasta some veggies to sling in a saucepan. It's possible to stick to it fairly easily, it jsut takes that bit more planning.

Well I have never been camping before so not sure what facilities you will have available to you. What plan will you follow??? EE would probably be better as it gives you flexibility.

Perhaps take some canned foods that you know the syn value for and Alpen Bars to use as your HEXb OR as a low syn snack (3 syns). If you cook your own food then take your frylight with you so things you cook can be cooked the slimming world way!!

Definitely take a BBQ - you can eat really well on plan if you stick to low fat sausages, cuts of meat etc. As Jaylou says, you could buy bags of fresh salad when you're there.
Camping fry-up couldn't be easier! Frylight and bacon (with fat removed), eggs and beans - all eaten outdoors - fantastic!!!
As everyone suggests, take some basics with you, Alpen Lights, Ryvita...whatever you usually have.
If you decide to go, have fun! Great weather for it!

Or your hubby could take the kids on his own and give you a break ;)

Or your hubby could take the kids on his own and give you a break ;)

I would love that and so would the kids, but there is no way he would do that:sigh:

I have been camping while on plan & lost that week :)

We took a BBQ & had a red day - Steak, chicken & salad

then the next day green, tins of chick pea dahl & rice

:)

Back