1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

help - Quark Disaster

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by SparklePrincess76, 7 June 2010 Social URL.

1. Hi

I tried to make a creamy mushroom & Bacon sauce at the weekend using Quark.

It was a disaster - it separated and turned all lumpy.

Any advice on how to stop this happening - up to that point it looked v tasty.

had to start all over again and make SW chips, beans and a HE helping of cheese!

Any advice (or alternatives to Quark) greatly appreciated
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. moomintrolljen

moomintrolljen Will be thin god dammit!!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    I find that philadelphia extra light melts really well for sauces x
  4. hi

Thanks for that.

I was looking for a no syn alternative as the Philly would have too many in it with the quantity used.

Anyone any ideas?
  5. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Gold Member

Slimming World
    did you add it straight from the fridge?

As adding it cold straight from the fridge will cause it to seperate. I normally take mine out of the fridge I could bit before and then add it right at the end, lowering the heat right down on the pan, if you have the heat too high, again it will seperate.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.