Exante help

Lyds81

Hi everyone,
Hoping someone can give me a bit of advice. I’m on day 8. I’m very hungry & have zero energy, go lightheaded when I stand up. I’m struggling to concentrate at work.
I’m having 3 products a day, drinking plenty of water & 3 black coffees a day. A friend of mine did it and said she was feeling great at this point so the next 6 weeks were a breeze.
Why aren’t I? Any help much appreciated

Sometimes it takes people a little longer to get into ketosis (fat-burning state that makes you feel better) and some people never manage it. Give it a week, and if you're not feeling better by then, you might need to review. Xx

Eeeek, so sorry you're feeling rough - as the Achren says above it does take some people longer to get into ketosis than others but I'm a bit troubled you're on day 8 and still feeling so bad. I definitely had those kind of symptoms around day 3 but they were gone by day 5.

I guess a couple of questions:

1. Are you tall? I think if you're 5'8 or other you should definitely be on 4 products not 3.
2. What was your diet like pre-Exante? I mean, if you were eating a lot per day or very carb or sugar heavy food your body might take a little bit longer to adjust.
3. Are you moderately active? Are you doing exercise or even a lot of walking/moving on top of taking your products?

Something you could also think about - even if you're not 5'8 - is going up to four products a day. Everybody's body is different, regardless of height, and 600 calories a day is just too small an amount for some people to function on. This is not, like, a bad thing. it's just a thing. I would seriously think about going up to 4 products a day at least for a week a two. 800 calories a day is still a significant calorie deficit and you will still get into ketosis and you will still definitely lose weight.

Please do not see going up to four products today as failing or letting yourself down or wussing out or anything like that: although VLCDs do definitely help you lose fat, they are not actually a race or a crash diet. You will be on the diet for several weeks. You must also be able to function in your life, otherwise you will not stick to it.

If you go up to four products and still feel shitty, I would maybe talk to a doctor?

Thank you for your replies.
Unfortunately I’m not 5’8, I’m 5’3. My diet beforehand was terrible, I didn’t eat meals just ate lots throughout the day, mainly bread, cake & chocolate. This will be a big shock to the system.
I’m feeling a bit better today, I’ll give it another couple of days and then go to 4 meals.

I don't know if this will be of any help to you, Lyds81 I've read on other forums that some have been splitting up their shakes, bars, etc and consuming them in smaller amounts but more often through out the day.
It really is crappy going through a detox of any kind but it does eventually pass and it's always a lot sunnier once you get over the hump. ( apparently! ;) )

I would go up to 4 products a day until it passes and then try going down to 3. You're going to lose on 4 regardless as that's still only 800 cals.

Back