Help, really feeling very sick

mrsd2b

Big Loser
Hi Everyone,

I feel really dreadful, my glands are swollen, I feel very achy all over, my throat is very sore and my ears hurt. I can't rest tomorrow or anything because I have to be at work. I can't use the usual remedies, honey and lemon, vit c etc but I have taken paracetamol but feel really bad. Can anyone share an experience or perhaps a LT friendly remedy?

You would be best to go into the chemist and explain ....I know when I had a persistant cough I was told anything for diabetics should be ok......its hard enough to do this diet without feeling ill......hope you feel better soon hun xxxx

Hi Sonkie,

Thanks for replying, I will do that, I'll go to my LT pharamcy tomorrow and ask, xx

yes go the the chemist and explain, feel better.x

Thanks soon2beskinny, I will

You poor thing. Yep, agree that it is best to mention it to the pharmacist. I don't honestly believe having any food will help you. At worst you may need a trip to the doc for an antibiotic or some such. Otherwise, keep drinking the water to keep your system flushed and hydrated. Get a nights sleep.

Oh bless you. Keep up your water intake and take paracetamol. I had a bad throat a while ago and I bought some soluble aspirin and gargled with it. Not the most pleasant remedy but I wanted to make sure I was 100%. Wish you well pet. xXx

Thank you all so much for your lovely advice. I went to my LT pharamcist today and he said there wasn't much else to do except take paracetamol, keep warm and rest (which isn't an option) I found drinking the water hurt too because of my throat but actually now I'm starting to feel a lot berr...early night everyone...thank you all again, you are so kind xxx

aww hun i hope u feel better soon. big hug!!!

Thank you all! I had to take 2 days off work and I feel really much better for the rest. I drank lots of water and just tried to rest and not worry about work. It kind of goes to show that when you do get sick very often all you do need is rest...I'd be rushing for the vit c , lempsip, hot toddies, lozenges...actually didn't need any of them.
All the lovely support helped also you guys!! :)

Glad you are on the mend. Well done for getting through it with just water, paracetamol and rest!!!

Back