Help! Red pepper humous, has no real flavour

snuggle69

Silver Member
I made the red pepper humous last night, exactly as the recipe on here, but it just doesnt really have any flavour! Anyone got any suggestions as to what I can do to it to de-bland it as I was going to take it for taster night tonight but cant in its current state!

Did you roast the peppers first?? Think I saw that it is better flavour wise to do this first.

What about trying to add some herbs/spices to jig it up a bit??

Yes I did roast the pepper first....

Will grab some corriander today do I just chop it finely and mix it in? As for the lemon it already has the juice of a large lemon in it!!

Thanks for the ideas though that will teach me for waiting till the last minute then making something I have never done before!

Thanks will give that a bash! damage limitation now me thinks.
Either that or need to find something quick and easy to take instead lol

I always found that homemade houmous tastes gross unless you add tahini paste to it (which makes it taste like the stuff you buy in the shops), but I'm unsure of syn values....might be high as its oily and tastes so yum haha xxx

I did manage to sort it out in the end with a few herbs and spices and it went down a storm!! also made a mint dip which was really nice and the whole lot went, highly recommended

Back