help - ricotta used not quark

Kaskard.poppy

Hi,

I cooked a meal out of the 100 green recipes book, it was the stuffed pasta shells, it was absolutely gorgeous, i had to make one alteration to tbe recipe as i had none and could not get quark, so i used ricotta, now i know its about 2 syns for about 28g, i have not used my HEa option, can i used some of tbe ricotta as this or do i need to syn it all.

Meal was worth it, would recommend it - although next time i will use quark.

Any help appreciated

Clare x

Cheese, basic, Ricotta, 28g 2 syns on all plans

in the past i have used my HEXA and then synned the rest i have used.

hope that helps

I know nothing about cooking (hubby does all the cooking) but if Ricotta is a soft cheese, could you substitute it with Philadelphia Light since you can have 71g as a healthy extra? Hugs Crystal xx

Thank you both x

We had a green day, will write it up later in diary,

If anyone is looking for an italian meal, well recommended, its worth losing some syns!

I always get confused with my a and b's. :D

The recipe looks divine, and after you raves about it, I am definately going to give it a go

I know nothing about cooking (hubby does all the cooking) but if Ricotta is a soft cheese, could you substitute it with Philadelphia Light since you can have 71g as a healthy extra? Hugs Crystal xx

I've never actually used Philly or light to cook with - i've always used it as a cold type of cheese, any ideas what its like warm?

Clare x

It's fine when used in cooking - there are lots of recipes on their website, including desserts, and I use it in pasta dishes all the time.

Back