Help, sauces for fish please

Boo1968

On a mission
Hiya everyone

Can anyone give me a recipe for fish, that is either low syn or no syns, any recipe will do as I'm eating a lot of fish and would love to jazz it up a little. Thanks for your help xx Boo xx

Hi Boo,
last night I poached cod in milk with a bayleaf and some peppercorns.
when it was cooked I took the fish out, and poured some of the extra milk off into a container (you may need to add a bit back), then I added loads of chopped parsley, and 1tsp cornflour loosened in water to thicken it...pretty good parsley sauce

for inspiration look a Jamie's site especially the salsas to go with fish- just don't add all the glugs of olive oil!! Fish recipes | Salmon recipes, fish stew & more | Jamie Oliver recipes

I did one last night thats out of the 100 Extra Easy Days book and it was yummy!

Thinly slice leek and red pepper, pop salmon fillet onto a square of tinfoil, top with sliced leek and pepper, good glug of soy sauce, glug of lime juice, and bake in the oven for 20 mins ish until cooked through! It was lovely and nice and saucy too - I had with some egg noodles with sweetcorn and beansprouts mmmm

Back