Help! Save my slimming

Hi there, my names Becky and I started last week, I'm sorry if there is a forum already for this but I couldnt get hold of my consulant and I dont know where to turn! I guess it was a strange weekend for me to join as I had my friends birthday afternoon tea on sunday and a vodka fuelled party to attend on saturday! I didnt let that deter me and I guestimated my syns for the weekend and subtracted that from the total weeks syn allowance which meant 2.5 syns a day for the rest of the week, at the beginning of the week I've been great but we dont have much food in the house at the moment until payday which has meant I cant prepare snacks and then I go to town for food which seant I had 9 syns for yesterday which is under a normal allowance but I was trying to be good, then I went on a bender and ate all my b options for the rest of the week, so not only am I struggling with not knowing what to buy when out I'm struggling with no b options and its testing my resolve I feel ive messed up already and ive only started, im sorey for being so pathetic I just dont know what to do to tackle this and it means alot to me to loose this weight! Xx

Ok, for a start you can't pre use your b options, nor can you eat it if you didn't the previous day. Use it or lose it. If you've already eaten them this doesn't mean you don't have them the rest of the week, you should count the syns and go on as normal with your a and b each day. The a and b are to ensure you are getting the recommended fibre and calcium each day, this is important so please don't cut out your b choices.
It might be best to just draw a line under it and go on with the rest of the week as normal, maybe try and stick to 5 each day but as you've realised, trying to deprive yourself to make up for syns used or syns you will be using only backfire when you then go off the rails because you haven't had any syns. If you feel you need more than 5 each day then do. Accept you may gain or maintain this week but its one week. Will you remember it in a years time? Good luck x

Also next time try and use flexi syns rather than guesstimate afterwards, this means you work out what you will think you need for a special occasion, set a limit of syns, could be 20,30,40,50 whatever and keep counting then stop when you get to the limit. Then the following day carry on as normal. Again its likely that you may maintain or gain on a week you have used flexisyns but it means you don't deprive yourself the rest of the week for the sake of one night which as you've found out can cause you to fall off the wagon and binge. This is for special occasions only thgh, not a weekly thing and allows you to keep control rather than go "stuff it I'm off plan" and go mental. X

Thanks, I guess it was wishful thinking thinking I could class a pack of hifi bars as my b's for the week I was just so stressed with work that I needed some chocolate but was obsessing about my lack of syns! I just feel like an idiot I cant even stick to it for one week! X

I also think there is a lot to take in when you first start SW.

Have a nosey around the SW forum, look at diaries, recipes etc & see if you can find anything which suits you and what ingredients you have at home.

There is also a section on syns you may be able to find out low syn values for chocolate, I'm a weekend chocolate eater myself so will have a bounty, mars bar, kitkat which are really low in syns.

So what food do you have in at the mo?

Thanks, you dont know how helpful that is to hear! Its juat nice to get it out there instead of starving yourself and doing something stupid! Thanks for talking me outta my stupor! Ive gone and got a pasta n sauce chicken a mushroom as I read they were free and a big side salad with my new best friend - balsamic vinegar! And a fruit salad, your right thou, 2.5 syns a day is no way to live! You mentioned you were goin through a similar thing are you ok?

We dont have much, no fresh food really, I made some lovely dishes at the beginning of the week, be good to yourself sausages with jacket potato, cabbage and a mushroom and red onion fried with balsamic vinegar to save on using gravy and then I made burgers the next night with homemade coleslaw - carrot, apple, cabbage and fromage frais and sw chips and have been having frozen berries with meringue and fromage frais for a low syn eton mess, all I have now is pasta and bacon and some potatos, a little cabbage and mixed berries but no more yoghurt....but im worried about having too many carbs now as a girl at work told me that shes noticed I eat a lot of carbs and perhaps thats the reason I am overweight!!! (Didnt appreciate this comment but she may be right?!) I can always pick up a few things tonight but dont have much dosh until tomo xx

Ignore what people say about what you eat, its none of their business. Follow the 1/3 superfree rule and this will naturally control your portion sizes of the other food on your plate eg. A plateful of pasta with sauce will contain more calories than a plateful of pasta with veg and sauce that takes up the same amount of space on the plate and in your stomach. Bulking it out with veg means you use less pasta and this is how sw works.
Make sure you stop when you're full (not stuffed) follow the plan and you will lose weight. X

Thanks for all your advice I lost 2lbs on my sat weigh in so I must have clawed it back on track! So hungry today thou! And all the meat slices in the world arent helping! Do you have ideas any syn free snacks that I can make? X

Back