HELP...Slimming World-ers Unite!

Wow, thank you ladies (and gents if there are any!)

I have been really ill lately - and yesterday was quite distressing because I realised it was all of my own doing - its tough when you realise that you are the reason that you are puffed out - or that the skin on your tummy feels numb because your jeans are to tight - but never the less I did it - and to all of you that did it yesterday WELL DONE..MASSIVE PAT ON THE BACK and to those doing it or at target...MUCH RESPECT TO ALL OF YOU..it ain't easy that's for sure!

I went yesterday and signed up - and how sad - I got on the scales and held my breath...ha ha...thinking that would knock a few pounds off - i think I have lost my marbles as well as my waistline!!

Today, well, it was interesting - I have got to say that will power is remarkable. It is my partners birthday today - so I was surrounded by skinnies eating pizza and scoffing victoria sponge...now for many I appreciate you will be saying 'use your syns' but to be honest I find it so hard at this stage to have the syns - I have an addictive eating personality - you know the kind that the stomach wants it, because the eyes see it - its terrible, so in the first 4 weeks I don't allow myself more than 4 syns a day - to be honest this is usually a bit of low fat marg - i can't stand dry toast!

So today I have done a green day (as I don't eat meat, just fish) and I have looked into the old EE plan. I think that obviously the only day that I would do the EE is if I wanted fish and chips, or prawns and jacket potato.

For breakfast I had porridge (HE b) and grated some apple on top, with 5 or 6 raisins...it was actually quite nice ... and warm!

Thank you for your help so far...keep the tips coming!

4.11xx

Hi tara40,

Yep, we do have roughly the same amount to lose - and hey what's 10lbs between Slimming Worlders?!

I spoke to a girl at my meeting yesterday - she had lost 4 stone, and looked fabulous - she said she did it in 6 months (!) and her best bit of advice was to have a support network - because she said once you hit 2 stone it gets difficult to lose so quickly - and if you have people around you that know what you are going through - they can help prop you up when you need it!

Go for it tara40 - Topshop is your oyster!!!
xxx

Hi
I am new to websites like these and have recently re joined the slimming world family and I have to say I can't believe how much its changed! I am a little confused with the mix and match options so will be sticking to the age old red and green days to start!
I am really looking forward to reading your posts though and getting some great advice!

Hi Rollass1,

Welcome and good luck hun. Oh and I am following red and green aswell - now i've done red and green before I can't get my head around Extra Easy either!
x

Wanted to add my warm welcome to the forum ( same as I got when I first appeared :) ).. as the others have said, it doesnt matter how many times you keep trying, so long as you do keep trying. I am also on EE and i Love it, last shot I did the green / red plan and it was good but it wasn't 'normal' eating, where as EE is,... fits in with every day life, dont have to make any special purchases, get to eat my fave things together on the same day.. LOVE IT.. and I am losing weight nicely on it. I am not going to class this time around, have decided to give myself a month doing it alone at home ( with support from here) and then review the situation. I could afford to go but its difficult as I have to take my boys who are 5 and 7.... so I spend more time keeping them quiet as apose to trying to join in with the convo.
anyway... big warm welcome, dont be shy, feel free to drop me a line any time and good luck with your first week on plan.!
Klare X

hey 4.11togo we have about the same to loose.
I am in my third week, not able to go to classes as there aint any here!!! would love to be your slimming buddy if you want? I am following mostly red with the odd green day.
good luck
sending some sunshine
xx

hey tara40 we also have about the same to loose. want to join a buddies group of newbies with the same amount to loose?

hi!
I'm also relatively new, and have a similar amount to loose! I started SW wednesday night and ive been doing EE for 3 full days now and its actually incredible, if I can seriously loose weight this way then this is something I really think I can stick to! I'm the Fat friend as well lol, however im quite lucky in a way that in our group of about 6 friends, theres another girl about the same weight as me so we are hoping to loose together! But i've found the support on here really useful to, as well as endless amounts of information!
Using the google search bar to search the website is really useful, normally if you have a question and you search it, someones already asked it!

Happy loosing! x

Back