I’ve recently joined a slimming world group (although have dabbled a little bit with slimming world in the past). I’ve been on plan all week except on Sunday when I had afternoon tea. Although, I’ve been told it can have more than 100 Syns in it, I individually calculated everything I had and although it totalled 60 Syns I have then recalculated my Syns so to not go over my weekly allowance, which I have yet to do so (Still got 20 Syns and weigh in is Saturday morning).

Despite following the plan otherwise to a T, I have only lost a pound. It’s making me a bit disheartened by it all.

I’m just wondering if I am doing something wrong or could be doing something better. I wanted my first week to be a really good loss but I’m actually scared I’m going to have gained this week.

Any advice on what I could do better?

You have 2 days before your official weigh in. Don't weigh mid week.

Your scales can be different to groups scales.

Start a food diary on here then other members can help you.:)

Always, always, ALWAYS write down what you have eaten. Sometimes writing things down can make it more meaningful and makes you aware of what you've actually consumed. Also, always try and make sure you have in your HeA and HeB. Don't give up - sometimes your hard work this week can be carried into next weeks weigh in and that's where the results will show. X

I'm feeling exactly the same hun, I lost 1/2 lb and only second weigh in! Doing it to an absolute T also. Gutted. Feel so disheartened by it it's awful, keep thinking he not a race but wondering if it just doesn't work for me or isn't suited to me .. my next weigh in is Tuesday and I'm dreading it x

I'm feeling exactly the same hun, I lost 1/2 lb and only second weigh in! Doing it to an absolute T also. Gutted. Feel so disheartened by it it's awful, keep thinking he not a race but wondering if it just doesn't work for me or isn't suited to me .. my next weigh in is Tuesday and I'm dreading it x
Don't dread it. Stick to it! It may be just your body adapting to different food types. If there's weight to loose it WILL come off. Time and consistency is key to weight loss and you just have to keep the end goal in sight.

Don't dread it. Stick to it! It may be just your body adapting to different food types. If there's weight to loose it WILL come off. Time and consistency is key to weight loss and you just have to keep the end goal in sight.

Thank you hun, It's so disheartening int it .. when you try so so hard and stick to every single rule and it just does not shift at all it's just so depressing and makes me wonder if it's not right for me .. 3rd weigh in on Tuesday and according to a weigh in this morning im now heavier than I was last weigh in 😟 could actually cry xx

Thank you hun, It's so disheartening int it .. when you try so so hard and stick to every single rule and it just does not shift at all it's just so depressing and makes me wonder if it's not right for me .. 3rd weigh in on Tuesday and according to a weigh in this morning im now heavier than I was last weigh in 😟 could actually cry xx

Can you convert the whole lot to calories to double check ?? I find calories and carb counting so much easier

Try cutting out as much carbs as you can - I know on SW carbs such as pasta and potatoes are free but often it causes (unfortunately) many of us to put on the lbs! try cutting some of that out or reducing your intake and build up on more speed foods which will get your metabolism going and in turn burn off the fat! X

Back