HELP!! (strongly urge guys not to enter this thread:D)

funny thing is, because of this 1 night, i lost more than 3 pounds in a few hours...:/

you had better get some iron in you hun.....think you may have to forget diet today, drink a few pints of guiness and have a big steak with brocoli.....or you could take some iron tabs but they give you bad constipation and being on cd i dont think you need to add to your nether region problems!!!!!!!!!

i am planning on having a big portion of beetroot as well- apparently it helps. i also have a prescription for some medication that i need to buy today.

So glad you got sorted Izmirka - was worried about you. Glad it's nothing serious, you must be relieved. Look after yourself won't you - I think this shows you that health is more important that anything, certainly not CD - you'll be back on track in no time. x

hello! - i have had this problem as well - i was put on a tablet called norethisterone - i have just had to come off of it as i was on it since january - when i had my last bout of bleeding - i started bleeding again last Thursday - and i just hope to god i dont start bleeding bad again... i s'pose this is more reason to lose weight ! as being over weight dont help.
I know what you went through and i wouldnt wish it on anyone... my heavy bleeding is connected to PCOS - so might be worth getting checked out for that?
Best wishes hun -

hello! - i have had this problem as well - i was put on a tablet called norethisterone - i have just had to come off of it as i was on it since january - when i had my last bout of bleeding - i started bleeding again last Thursday - and i just hope to god i dont start bleeding bad again... i s'pose this is more reason to lose weight ! as being over weight dont help.
I know what you went through and i wouldnt wish it on anyone... my heavy bleeding is connected to PCOS - so might be worth getting checked out for that?
Best wishes hun -

my friend has PCOS, so i know a bit about it, i don't think i have it, but i will certainly have it checked out. the doctor said he cannot tell what caused the bleeding, but i used to have heavy bleeding like that every once in a while, first time around 7 years ago for about 3 months, then 2-3 years ago after i came to england, and now. it comes and goes... i usually have very little bleeding, but it lasts long, and once in a while i have very intense bleeding when i can barely walk.
i'm guessing i got similar medication, it's just a different name.
i think everybody in the hospital treated me really nicely because they were sure that i had a miscarriage, and they didn't really want to believe me when i said it's impossible... when they realized it's not a miscarriage, they allowed me to scram straight away;)

Hiya

Really glad to hear that you went and got checked out last night. The tablets they gave me when I had this problem took a couple of doses to work before the bleeding really started to subside. Hope this is the same for you and you are feeling much better than you were last night?

i feel a lot better now, thanks. i think i really needed some beetroot, because i stuffed myself with it like crazy:) i guess it's coz of all the blood i lost:) i also drink a lot of mint tea.

Glad you're feeling better :)
Get yourself a diary and make a note of everything.
Been symptom free since having my son but I suffer with endometriosis.
Periods were for 11 days every 14. I would use a tampon and pad together but flood through both! I would have such severe pains that I would be sent to casualty every month or so when it was at it's worst. The hospital used to insist it looked like a miscarriage each time but as I wasn't having sex I knew it couldn't be. The injections in the bum are anti nausea(I remember them well!)
As I said, keep a pain diary to show it's related to your cycle so that you can get a referral to investigate properly.
Keep well :)

Hi Hun,

I've always had irregular periods - they got more and more rare the heavier I got. I've now lost 20lbs and had a period from hell this week. It lasted for the usual 5 days, but I was going through three of the always blue night time pads for 3 days running. I also had a lot of brown gunk too & some massive clots but I felt ok - apart from one spell where I felt really weak but hadnt eaten anything for most of the day.

Back